X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic Healing at Origin Tier

Healing at Origin Tier

So on last session most of my players Band at Origin Tier was almost wipe out. We needed to fudge a rules a bit to let them survive. And then we came with other problem - long days of healing. As I read Origin book, I do not seem to see rules for...

How long pre-Visitation Scions are returning to their health? What do you think would it be? I came on spot on quick ruling as this:

Scions heal one level of Injuries once every 2-3 days if given reasonable medical attention on start.

Does it seems appropriate? Too quick, too long?

Also, as we are on subject - What other healing sources pre-Visitations could aquire? Assuming they do not know they are Children of the Gods themselves? Beside knowing particular Hero with Health Purview...

• Florin
    replied
    You can also remind them, they are able to be Taken Out at any point, if they don't want to suffer nasty wounds. It also gives the Momentum pool some juice as well.

Or, you can just speed up healing for them (and probably all Origin-level PCs as well.)

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    So, combining answers, on the Healing Potions in Scion we have this:
    • Charms-level consumables – They heal only 1 Injury and need to be refilled, because they are one time effect. Classical ‘Health vial’, ‘healing tea’ or ‘healing pills’ are on this level. In story can be literal ‘Potion Brewer’ minor Scion or Sorcerer NPC for this. They are Tier 2 creation for PCs to make, if they want.
    • Relics-level healing – They heal dot level number of Injuries per day. They can be self-refiling cup of Ambrosia ( Teoi ) or Idun basket of magical apples that reaper on each dawn ( Aesir ), for example. Much more rare and powerful.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Another option is instead of causing injuries all the time, the adversaries cause conditions, like stun, but in larger variety. Also you have first aid rules, that allow to recover 1 injury per scene (as long it was caused in that scene), what proven to be a great advantage as you have 3 to 5 injury boxes, 1 extra is a big help.

On the healing potions, you can maybe add a potion brewer as a contact, the guy ask for help once in a while and you get some doses as payment, or, if they are working for a society, the society may have some contacts that may bring once in a while a potion.

Finally, you may need to tone down the monsters if they are hitting too hard the characters to the point the adventure is slowing down that much. Make real monsters only the boss in the adventure, while the “thrash” is nothing more than mobs, they may be pretty bad ass in the looks, but the stats are not the best.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    So my player have a bit of healing problem. At the Origin Tier they only suspect now existance of Gods - they have confirmation at magic, beasts and all the rest, beside the Gods. We run a big pulpy adventure in vain of Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones series. They got beaten easily when facing Monsters enemies. And then healing days of game time, even on fast healing rules...

I putted minor NPC 'witch' that healed them by the miracle of Apollo ( whose priestess she is, in reality ). However, as we run pulp genre game - action move quickly between whole world. So I need other solution...

I was thinking about giving to characters healing potions, basically. I just wonder how to introduce it to the characters life. We run Gods in Hiding on Iron Myth game - so something like lowered power Percy Jackson world. Selling magic potions on the streets corners, like in vanilla Scion 2E setting, is rather out of way. Selling those in 'small occult shops' every time may be tedious.
    1. How to solve this in-setting requirements?
    2. What stats would have minor Relic ( or Charm?) that let's character to heal?
    3. From what makes them in each Pantheon? For example, knowing Theoi and Aesir legends, I suspect those 'healing potions' could be Ambrosia vials and Idun apples?

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    I would make it that medical attention after first aid cannot remove bruised but can downgrade to bruised if you have bruised damage space open.

I consider bruised minor injuries that hamper but don’t really require medical attention beyond first aid. So stuff like black eyes or bruised muscles to maybe something like a broken small toe or minor sprains and pulls.

Now if you really wanted them to heal up fast I would have a healing purview hero maybe working in the hospital that your scions visit. If you think they are gonna get beat up a lot then make them a minor npc. Someone the group can turn to if they get into trouble again and need some quick healing.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
    The Origin book states that a bruised condition resolves after 2 days, injured resolves after 2 weeks, maimed also 2 weeks, taken out is while the injury no longer incapacitating you will still suffer a +3 difficulty to the next action.
    Maybe go with Medical Attention to half that time? So Bruised after 1 day, Injuried & Maimed after 1 week.

I like much more pulp games myself, so divide that to half then on my - Bruised still 1 day, but Injuried & Maimed under Medical Attention need only then 4 days each?

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    The Origin book states that a bruised condition resolves after 2 days, injured resolves after 2 weeks, maimed also 2 weeks, taken out is while the injury no longer incapacitating you will still suffer a +3 difficulty to the next action.

Now after the fight you can apply first aid to lower injury conditions by a level with bruised being removed
    Intellect + medicine roll with a difficulty multiplier
    Bruised +2
    Injured+ 3
    Maimed+5
    Taken out one success per other condition the character has on them.

That is all the information I could find from the Origin book as far as damage and healing.

as far as other healing sources. Hospitals, first responders who has first aid training, people in general who have first aid training. I would assume most mundane sources of healing would work pre-visitation scions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X