X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalle
    started a topic Rule question - Pepper-spray

Rule question - Pepper-spray

How would you design a pepper-spray, what weapon tags would you give it?
    A couple of years ago I made an armory document for Scion 1e.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/akesf3fe1k...20v02.pdf?dl=0

I wanted to do something simular for my Scion 2e game, this time around my players are into cards, so I made weapon cards.
    But I'm uncertain about a pepper-spray.
    I'm thinking it's a melee weapon, with reach, but it could also be a Ranged weapon, with a short range tag.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzya7kfoqe...spray.png?dl=0

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Medium range is around 100 meters (300 feet), Short range is about 10 meters (30 feet), I am quite sure it’s not the case for a pepper spray.

My experience is that the usual pepper spray is close range (about arm reach plus a little more), even the big cans that some police forces use can’t spray more than 2 or 3 meters away effectively.

I would make it cause Blinded condition as a 2 success Stunt (safety glasses and closed helmet would make it cost more, 2 more for glasses and 4 more for helmets). It may cause stun too if used in a target with a previous injury or with too little clothes covering the body (it causes pain in skin contact even if not hitting the eye, and it is worse if hit a bruise)

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by Kalle View Post
    I think a pepper spray needs a shorter range, then the normal Ranged tag.
    I skimmed it and thought it went out to Short, but it's Medium instead. However, there doesn't seem to be a tag to give out to Short. I'd make a custom tag which goes out to Short but doesn't impose the 1 Difficulty penalty at Close that Ranged does.

Leave a comment:

• Kalle
    replied
    I think a pepper spray needs a shorter range, then the normal Ranged tag.

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

Are those weapon cards something you'd like to share? The one for pepper spray looks really nice!
    Sure, I can share them when I'm done.
    I also did cards for all the Knacks, Boons, Innate powers, Pantheons, Paths and a bunch of conditions, but most are made with text from the books, so Onyx path may not allow me to share them.

Originally posted by literatzi View Post

You'll need to come up with an effect for the Stun Tag since the one in Origin is from an earlier draft of the damage rules.
    Literatzi, you are right, I didn't notice. I think I'm going to use the Stun Tag from Trinity, I think that would make sense.

Leave a comment:

• literatzi
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    I'd say it's Concealable, Ranged, Stun, Firearm.

You'll need to come up with an effect for the Stun Tag since the one in Origin is from an earlier draft of the damage rules.

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by Kalle View Post
    I wanted to do something simular for my Scion 2e game, this time around my players are into cards, so I made weapon cards.
    But I'm uncertain about a pepper-spray.
    I'm thinking it's a melee weapon, with reach, but it could also be a Ranged weapon, with a short range tag.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzya7kfoqe...spray.png?dl=0
    Are those weapon cards something you'd like to share? The one for pepper spray looks really nice!

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    I'd say it's Concealable, Ranged, Stun, Firearm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X