Training during downtime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training during downtime

Not sure if I skipped over something, are there any rules to cover "spent about 3 months studying how to craft a good sword with the dwarves" and other assorted types of training? There's some stuff I think could work as side-stuff, but would be pretty boring to RP that.

Closest would be that you can only spend exp gained in between arcs.
    But its been a while since i read the books so i cant recall if thats a rule there or just something i did at my table haha.

Hope this helps.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

That could be interesting, I might do that and see how it works. Thanks!

Comment

Just thought of another thing.
        The crafting rules works using milestones that need to be reached/accomplished to end up with the finished crafting product.
        One of those milestones could easily be (X Time spent crafting)
        Now since just flashforwarding is just boring what i would do for the Time milestone is that the acion needs to make sure they will be able to spend that time uninterrupted. So that includes finishing up loose plot thread as well as finding a way to hide from Fate so that you dont get sent monsters to beat or followers to help during the crafting time.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

I suppose that could also work, though it doesn't mesh so well with the way my group tends to play. We usually are more mission-oriented than plot thread oriented, but using the crafting system creatively could indeed work

Comment

Working...
          X