No announcement yet.

[2E] Non-combatants in Scion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also kinda serious: where did you see history professors fighting manticores? Because if that was a regular part of the job... I'm pretty sure armor would be too. I don't think anyone here is going to argue that a history professor (unless they specialize in military equipment) is going to have a reason to wear body armor if all they do is normal academic stuff. Once they get wrapped up in adventuring they're not just a professor any more either.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      Also kinda serious: where did you see history professors fighting manticores?
      They look for Atlantean temple/research lab, and 'just like that' open portal to security facility Manticore is guarding. It's not my fault character just do not think to prepare in any way when opening locks to ancient tombs/weird magic places, without any arrangements and second thought...

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      I don't think anyone here is going to argue that a history professor (unless they specialize in military equipment) is going to have a reason to wear body armor if all they do is normal academic stuff. Once they get wrapped up in adventuring they're not just a professor any more either.
      Good point. As I remember, Indiana Jones is using whip, guns and is build like greatest sportsman - and Daniel Jackson from Stargate SG-1 at the end of season 1 starts to use guns, from time to time.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Yes, my point was one to make to the professor's player: that certain real world assumptions aren't going to carry over to the World. On Earth, professors don't wear body armor, because ruins of temples are generally peaceful dig sites. In the World, professors that go out into the field know that it's possible that temples might have actual guardians watching over them that are pretty deadly. Protection isn't exactly unreasonable with the differences in setting.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          I assumed that each success over is next 1 Injury - so 1 successes is 1 Injury, 2 successes then 2 Injuries, 3 successes then 3 Injuries extra...
          I feel like the manticore’s ability to two-shot itself if this were right should have been your hint that it’s wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X