Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolutionary Calling, are you going to use it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Revolutionary Calling, are you going to use it?

In the supplement "Mantels of Washington" the author introduces the Revolutionary Calling as an aspect of Washington. My question to those who have read the supplement in question is "Will you use or allow this Calling in your games?

If the author gives me permission, I'll quote the calling here. But only if I am given permission.

• Astromancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post

... There's a supplement called Mantles of Washington?

Seriously, first I've heard of it. I think that's why you don't have many responses.
    It is fun. Washington is worshiped in two different real world faiths. Plus he's written up for the Theoi and American Civic Religion.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Having looked at it, I can see the purpose, though I'd be more inclined to split it across Leader and Trickster. I'm not sure the Revolutionary is that archetypal a concept - that being said, I quite like it.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    It is by one of the game’s writers though. Same person who wrote the Cortes Divinas and the Ascended Masters supplements too, and organized Pride 2020
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 02-16-2021, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheStray7
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Seriously, first I've heard of it. I think that's why you don't have many responses.

It's a 3rd party supplement, so yeah, might not be on everyone's radar.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    In the supplement "Mantels of Washington" the author introduces the Revolutionary Calling as an aspect of Washington. My question to those who have read the supplement in question is "Will you use or allow this Calling in your games?

If the author gives me permission, I'll quote the calling here. But only if I am given permission.

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied
    It's nothing I would use myself, at least not without knowing more about it. It seems to me that the other Callings perfectly simulate things a rebel could have, such as Leader, Trickster and Warrior.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    I do, i feel like I need to flesh it out a tad more, but I’m considering giving it to Lucifer in my Legion writeup
    I can see both noble and treacherous beings getting this Calling. Heck, William Blake's Red Orc is both Noble and Treacherous and he's the spirit of revolution.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    I do, i feel like I need to flesh it out a tad more, but I’m considering giving it to Lucifer in my Legion writeup

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    I guess I'm the only one who read the book. Do you guys like the idea of "Revolutionary" as a Calling?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X