Momentum and Virtues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum and Virtues

How does momentum work what spending it related to virtue?

I've probably read everything in Hero and Origin related to virtues and momentum a hundred times and I still can't wrap my head around what it is try to say. Can someone spell it out for me in full detail, ideally with examples and numbers to make it clear?

Check this post, it has a good review of how virtues work

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...09#post1311309

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

The book makes it sound like you get a variable number of dice based on where you are on the virtue track and then doesn't clearly explain how many dice that is.

If the link you posted is accurate then the whole section on virtues is extremely poorly worded.

Comment

Originally posted by Hark View Post
        The book makes it sound like you get a variable number of dice based on where you are on the virtue track and then doesn't clearly explain how many dice that is.

If the link you posted is accurate then the whole section on virtues is extremely poorly worded.
        Yes. I completely share your assessment here, having had to wade through the section my own self.

When the cat's a Stray, the mice will pray...

Comment

Originally posted by Hark View Post

I have to 2nd your opinion Hark , my table had a session come to a screeching halt as we debated and tried to decode what the authors were trying to say on this same subject. Kyman201's post did a significantly better job of explaining the concept, but we didn't discover it in time to avoid some becoming quite irate with the system.

I don't mean to be overly critical of the writing (too late?), but having written a few manuscripts myself I know how demanding it can be to articulate and present ideas to where what you mean is understood, but unfortunately there are more than a few subjects we encountered where consulting multiple books and hunting on the forums was required for my table to sort out what was trying to be said.

Scion's creative material is brilliant, and it has some very interesting concepts within it's rules, but quite a few people I've reached out to for assistance have shared my frustrations with the system as written. Much as I did with Exalted, I had to finally turn to a different body of rules to represent the setting with.

But for the sake of Storypath's fans, I would humbly suggest OPP seriously consider combing through this forum for posts that sought greater clarity on the rules and what was meant, learn from the significantly better examples some members have submitted, and then release a more clearly written version for all their Storypath titles with lessons learned.

Reality is a matter of perception, challenging one's own or that of others is not a crime, it is a service.

Comment

Dragon actually explains how it works. Will post a snippet once I'm back at my computer. But yes, the bonus is variable. Ranges from +1 per momentum to +3 per momentum.

When a player spends Momentum on the roll to take an action that reinforces his Cipher —
            again, deliberately or not — he gains one extra die per Momentum spent per step toward Cipher
            from the center — which is to say, after one step toward Cipher he gains +2 dice per Momentum
            rather than +1, and at the far end he gains +3. He gains the same in the other direction when he
            spends Momentum to willingly and actively reject his Cipher or embrace his Defection.
            Last edited by milo v3; 02-23-2021, 11:35 PM.

Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

Comment

Working...
            X