X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muskrat
    started a topic Guides, Stunts and Unique Knacks

Guides, Stunts and Unique Knacks

I have been mucking about with creating a modern pantheon, the Spirits of Civic Virtue, made up of a mixture of folk heroes and historical figures who've been mythologized. Among other things, I'm creating Guides. But I can't figure out how to gauge the appropriate power level for a Guide's stunt and, in the case of a 5-point Guide, their special Knack? Mysteries of the World has detailed guidelines for creating Purviews and Boons and there's advice on Relics in both Hero and Mysteries, but I don't see anything equivalent for Guides. Maybe I've missed something.

This is what I have so far for Harriet Tubman:

Harriet Tubman: 5-Point Guide
    Legendary Title
    : The Moses of Her People
    Asset Skills: Subterfuge, Survival
    General Benefits: Access to the Underground Railroad, both the Terra Incognita and the network of people who use it to help people escape oppression.
    Stunt: On a successful Subterfuge or Survival roll, you gain +1 Scale versus those trying to track you and anyone with you, making it harder for them to locate or pursue you and those with you.
    Calling: Liminal
    Purview: Journeys
    Knack: By studying the landscape and relying on guidance from the divine, you always know the best route to escape from those who seek to capture, imprison, enslave, etc. you. You gain +1 Enhancement on rolls involved in making an escape from would-be captors.

• Muskrat
    replied
    What if I leave it as is, except change Enhancement to Scale for?:

By studying the landscape and relying on guidance from the divine, you always know the best route to escape from those who seek to capture, imprison, enslave, etc. you. You gain +1 Scale on rolls involved in making an escape from would-be captors.

In the Scion play-by-post campaign I'm in, I don't know if we've generated any Momentum yet--if we fail rolls, it's pretty rare. But I think the GM is still getting a sense of what level of opposition to throw at us and is also deliberately slowly ratcheting it up. I mean, we did face a Formorian, but we talked him down and then easily took out the sorcerer who had summoned the Formorian.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    I might make it something like "spend a Momentum to escape any form of imprisonment of a lower (and maybe equal) tier." Although, that might be more of an Immortal level knack.

Leave a comment:

• Muskrat
    replied
    Thanks. That makes sense. What about the Knack? I'm wondering if it's underpowered for a Knack.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by Muskrat View Post
    OK, that makes sense. So would something like the below be more appropriate?

Stunt (1-3 successes): On a successful Subterfuge or Survival roll, you gain +1 Enhancement per success during the current session versus those trying to track you and anyone with you, making it harder for them to locate or pursue you and those with you.
    I think the original idea is better, giving scale would mean you can take a group and sneak them all as if they were a single person, for example. Make it cost 1 success, and it would grant basically one free enhancement in the situation (what is balanced as I see).

Leave a comment:

• Muskrat
    replied
    OK, that makes sense. So would something like the below be more appropriate?

Stunt (1-3 successes): On a successful Subterfuge or Survival roll, you gain +1 Enhancement per success during the current session versus those trying to track you and anyone with you, making it harder for them to locate or pursue you and those with you.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Your stunt needs a success cost. It could be (Any number of successes) like under Lugh Lamhfada's guide description in Hero, but guide stunts are something you purchase with successes from an Asset Skill roll.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X