[Dragon] Making Wyrm antagonists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Dragon] Making Wyrm antagonists

So I want the Dragon enemy to put against my Origin-to-Hero players. ( I think defeting this Dragon will be their last step to become Heroes. ) I just cannot guess what rules to use for it - Origin Antagonists, Hero Antagonists, Dragon particular PCs rules? Make him as Heir or Lesser Wyrm? What would be your advise on this antagonists power level for 5-6 PCs of late Origin tier?

Idea for my particular Wyrm is Joka or Lindwurm that collect art pieces in Louvre as his/her personal Treasure, under his/her guard.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-23-2021, 04:47 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

This is what happens when players use different rules from everyone else in a game.

That said, it's Origin so you want to balanced for Origin level. Use Origin antagonists and borrow from other sources as needed to get what you want.

Comment

My suggestion is to make them as a Origin Antagonist and pick some qualities related to dragons, inspired in the Repitilian Destroyers from Dragon (page 33 from the big manuscript).

Edit: making them as a Hero antagonist will give more qualities (as far as I recall) for the same dice pool. It may be useful if you want more magical power and less brutish might.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I'd go with something like a Rival from the Hero book, maybe a Nemesis if your Origin characters are fairly tough. A basilisk from the example antagonists in the Hero book might work well.

Comment

I wanted this antagonist to be more 'shadow enemy behind whole Louvre' and center piece of the story - but maybe not so direct powerful as typical Monster from Origin, in the end. So maybe base him on Nemesis from Hero?

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
          (page 33 from the big manuscript).
          Forgotten there is one big compiled manuscript now - downloading both of Dragon and Masks of Mythos of mine books.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-24-2021, 01:33 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Here is my first take on Dragon antagonists. Mateus Luz, especially your opinion I'm interested.

Ladon, Garden of the Hesperides Dragon

This ‘Ladon’ is the greater Heir of the legendary dragon from Garden of the Hesperides, that guarded Golden Apples of Hera in there. This Heir is now curator of one of major art museums, where he guards most of it’s collection – especially Theoi Relics he is very fond off.

d – Material from Scion: Dragon
            o – Material from Origin book
            h – Material from Hero book
            * – See below
            Archetype: Nemesis ( Dragon Heir )
            Flight: Lindwurms ( Eastern, Greek branch )
            Quality: Mystic Arsenal h ( Relics collection ), Mother’s Child d, The Old Destroyer d, Render d, Heavily Armored o ( Hard 2, Soft 1 ), Cross-Training o ( Many Heads, many actions )
            Flairs: ?
            Drive: To protect his ‘Hoard’ ( i.e. museum collection )
            Weakness: Hesperides Guardian – When seeing any apple or apple-shaped objects, Ladon stops for one turn – and if not seeing part of his Hoard stolen – will defend 'apples'.
            Primary Pool (11): Athletics, Close Combat, Arts & Relics
            Secondary Pool (9): Dragon Magic, Dragon Intrigues, Firearms
            Desperation Pool: 6
            Speed: 15
            Health: 5
            Defense: 4
            Initiative: 9
            Attacks:
            Claws - Enhancement 2, Natural, Range: Close, Lethal, Messy, Piercing
            Jaws - Enhancement 2, Natural, Piercing, Grapple, Range: Close, Lethal, Messy, Piercing
            Desert Eagle - Enhancement 2, Natural, Range: Medium, Lethal
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-27-2021, 02:28 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Beautiful! Great big boss to fight to get a golden apple! Could be an adversary to low legend Heroes too.

Now, my opinion that may diverge is: Ladon was a challenge to Hercules in his demigod period, what means he should be more powerful. But it looks great as a reincarnating Ladon.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
              Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
              Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Looks like this is a heir of Ladon that took the dragon's name.

Comment

Working...
                X