No announcement yet.

[Sc 2E] Questions on Scale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4. Being with higher Scale gets +2 Enhancements to, for example, Injury rolls on enemy. But do side with lower Scale also has added problem, with other rule I did not remember?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-17-2021, 11:55 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

+2 in defense if the attacker is in the lower side of the scale.

Scion is not very clear to that end, but you could understand 2 enhancements per scale as 2e to defense roll.

In Aberrant specifically, it is said that the scale add +2 to soft armor, but the general rule is +2 to the difficulty of the action (defense in the case).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        Scion is not very clear to that end, but you could understand 2 enhancements per scale as 2e to defense roll.

In Aberrant specifically, it is said that the scale add +2 to soft armor, but the general rule is +2 to the difficulty of the action (defense in the case).
        Will have Aberrant rule in mind on Scale then.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

5. How quick Scale rise with Legend? Like Legend 1 Hero have Scale 1 over mortal Scale 0, most of the times, if I recall correctly. With Legend 4, are Heroes have higher Scale over their Legend 1 counterparts?

6. Making Trivial Targets definition as 'beings with what you have Scale +2 on general' seems as good rule of the thumb? I want PCs to be able to use awesome Purviews effects on Trivial Targets, like mortals, when they are high level Legend.

Scion 2E Hero book ( p. 237 ) quote on Trivial Targets:
          'Trivial characters are the fodder on which Scions demonstrate their miraculous power. Using a Marvel on a trivial target doesn’t cost the usual Legend required for that effect. The Storyguide may still require the normal cost if the Marvel also affects non-trivial characters in meaningful way — using a trivial target as a vector to get to a stronger foe shouldn’t award a discount. '

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

5. Spending legend when aligned to your legendary title allow you to increase your scale by ½ of your Legend trait, rounded up, so Legend 3 and 4 can have scale above legend 1 and 2 Hero. This rules change a bit in Demigod, but as it is not complete yet, I will not dive into it (it has also a lot of other things that affect the scale).

6. Trivial is anyone that is individually irrelevant to the story and/or presents no kind of resistance to the player characters.
            The focus of Scion (and Storypath in general) is the story being told, so imagine your hero enters the Night club to talk to the Merovingian, the local mob leader that is also the owner of many items you are looking for (he is mortal, by the way), the hero uses his powers to “put the mortals in their places” and just walk in the place while everyone of the club patrons just stand by and move out of your way, when the hero gets to the middle of the dance floor they scream to the DJ “stop the music!” and it stops. So far the character used their powers against a bunch of trivial characters, so no cost at all.
            The Merovingian is a big question now, he is mortal and not really powerful at all, but his importance to the story is higher than the others. It would be enough to the Storyguide to establish him as a non trivial target, requiring the hero to pay the costs of the power they are using on him, or the Storyguide could just place him as a irrelevant mortal that as soon as the characters start talking to him he gives up and do whatever the characters want, in this case being a trivial target.
            So the answer is, Trivial is anyone the Storyguide defines as such. Other Heroes, as well as any character with legend should never be trivial to heroes, but heroes can be trivial to demigods if they are not relevant to the story.

Also Trivial Target and Overwhelming scale are two different things. Overwhelming scale can happen to non trivial characters, they would not be trivial just for not being at same scale, also because Heroes don’t have a permanent scale boost to work with, only when dealing with their legendary title and spending legend.
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 08-16-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              6. Making Trivial Targets definition as 'beings with what you have Scale +2 on general' seems as good rule of the thumb? I want PCs to be able to use awesome Purviews effects on Trivial Targets, like mortals, when they are high level Legend.
              I think the rule in the core is, the actor that has more than 3 scale defines how the action is played out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakii View Post

I think the rule in the core is, the actor that has more than 3 scale defines how the action is played out.
                That is overwhelming scale. You still need to pay to raise your scale to put the target in this condition. The example they give in the book is a hero that make it rain to impress people, the hero don’t have scale over the people, even worse, the people would have scale over the hero due to the number of people, yet it’s trivial because the people is irrelevant to the hero story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

That is overwhelming scale. You still need to pay to raise your scale to put the target in this condition. The example they give in the book is a hero that make it rain to impress people, the hero don’t have scale over the people, even worse, the people would have scale over the hero due to the number of people, yet it’s trivial because the people is irrelevant to the hero story.
                  Yes, but if you invoke your legendary title of "Steward of the dreamworld" to gain 3 scale over everyone in the field and use the Darkness Boon that makes people sleep, you may make everyone automatically fall asleep, even if they are not usually trivial targets.

At least that is my read and how i like it.

Comment

Agree on that. Once you have overwhelming scale above anyone they became trivial. But you still need to spend legend to get that scale if you are a Hero.

Comment

Working...
                    X