Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Injury Conditions do characters get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Injury Conditions do characters get?

So, just how many Injury Conditions are characters supposed to have in this game? The book contradicts itself so I'd like to know if there's an official word on this.

The text on P.98 states the following:
    Every character has an Injury Condition tracker. Every character has several levels of Injury at character creation: Bruised, Injured, Maimed, and Taken Out. Add an additional Bruised slot if your character’s Stamina is 3 or 4, or two additional Bruised Slots if their Stamina is 5.
    According to this, a character's number of Injury Conditions based on their Stamina would look like this:
    Stamina 1-2: 1 Bruised - 1 Injured - 1 Maimed - Taken Out
    Stamina 3-4: 2 Bruised - 1 Injured - 1 Maimed - Taken Out
    Stamina 5: 3 Bruised - 1 Injured - 1 Maimed - Taken Out

The text on P.120-121, however, states the following:
    Calculating Injury Conditions: Anyone can take the Bruised or Maimed Condition levels (or the equivalents thereof caused by weapons). With a Stamina rating of 1, they can take Injured (create a small box for the level). For every additional 2 above (round up), the character can take one additional Bruised Condition. Scale can add directly to this, creating one additional Bruised Condition per Scale level.
    So, aside from the weird singling out of the Injured Condition being tied to Stamina 1, which everyone has by default anyways, this doesn't match P.98's take, due to the "round up" part. So, according to this part of the book, a character's number of Injury Conditions based on their Stamina would look like this:
    Stamina 1: 1 Bruised - 1 Injured - 1 Maimed - Taken Out
    Stamina 2-3: 2 Bruised - 1 Injured - 1 Maimed - Taken Out
    Stamina 4-5: 3 Bruised - 1 Injured - 1 Maimed - Taken Out

So..... Which is it?

The first one, “For every additional 2 above (round up)” is an excessively strange phrasing that it’s easy to imagine getting mistaken for saying the opposite of what it says.

Comment

That whole paragraph is rather weird, so I also assumed that the P.98 version was the right one. It also makes having Stamina 5 more special, which I prefer.

Comment

Addendum: For anyone coming across this post and wondering what the official word on this question actually is, instead of just the opinions of two random shmoes on the internet, well I think I figured out the official answer to my question.

According to the character sheet for Colwyn "Little" Mao (P. 6 of Heroes of the World) he has Stamina 2, and only has 1 Bruised Injury box, which would suggest that the Injury box calculation method on P.98 of Origins is the correct one. (I also can't help but notice that they still haven't fixed the character sheet in that document. It still shows two entries for Injured Conditions, and only 2 for Bruised, when it should be only 1 for Injured and 3 for Bruised.)

Comment

Not sure if this help but the way ive resolved this is that at Origin you get the 2 bruised 2 injured version and at Hero you get 3 bruised 1 injured.
          I think it helps accentuate a bit more the ... difference between the two.

Hope this help

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Actually it changed sometime during development. Origin, page 98 says “Add an additional Bruised slot if your character’s Stamina is 3 or 4, or two additional Bruised Slots if their Stamina is 5.“

To find the “2 Bruised + 2 Injured” you must go to Trinity Continuum and Dystopia Rising: Evolution.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
            X