[2E] Twists of Fate Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Twists of Fate Questions

So my players are starting to use more Scion mechanics - and they want to point to Twists of Fate more closely. Here are some questions on subject...

1. How much Twists of Fate can play with events? For example, my players want to make 'luckily my company putted public tender last two months ago, for exactly that occasion'... So Twist would need to retroactively change 2 months of events. On first feel I think it's too large changes for Twists - but what would be limit of changing events? Last scene / one hour? Last days events? Last weeks?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Scion is about telling the story, so the limits in Twists of Fate are not about when it happened, but the results in game.

You can’t change the last scene, because the story was already told, but you can change the time off between scenes. You can change the World itself with no limits of time, for example setting a meteorite to fall just in time to call the attention of the guards just when you are passing by (what would require a change in the route millions of years ago), or a helicopter could be just passing by in the right time (what require a few hours of change in the time), as long the result don’t take away what need to happen in the story to it advance properly, or take all the fun of the scene.

The idea is the result, not the time required to get this result.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Basically, because it didn't happen "on screen" you're not retroactively changing X time's worth of events. You're retroactively defining it. The company always spent the last two months doing something. The viewing audience just found out now.

When the PCs meet a new NPC who tells them new information, the NPC isn't retconning reality for them, the NPC is just filling in details they didn't have before. This is the same, but the players get to pick the details.

Comment

wyrdhamster my suggestion, as you are going to buy TC, is to read the Dramatic Editing rules in Core. It has a more detailed description of how to use Twists of Fate.

Notice that heroes can use Twists of Fate to get some supernatural things, but yet the idea is the same, everything was set and you just find out, the heroes are not bending reality, they just are taking advantage of the things that happened, and they are supernatural things.

Comment

Basically, Fate is putting things where the Hero needs them, when they need them, because that's their Fate. It just wasn't highlighted until the Twist is called for.

Comment

Okay, so full retroactivity...

2. So WHENE can be generated Twist of Fate? Origin book mention 'if you’ve used your Path to enhance a roll and have some successes left over'. Sooo, I can make Twist of Fate every time I roll the dice and say 'it steams from my Path A / B or C'? Or only once per session, as invoking once Path it limits invocations for Twist on this Path? So if I already invoked Twist from Path A, I can only now use one time Path B or C Twists, this sessions?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

No, check Origin page 99.

“Once per session you may add two dice to any roll that plausibly applies to your Path experience. You may spend successes on special stunts to make a Twist of Fate on this roll.“

It’s one of the once per session uses of paths, so you can use up to 3 times, once per path per session.

Comment

Working...
              X