• Show
Clear All

• marin
    started a topic Scion TV series in development

Scion TV series in development

Official announcement.

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Scion TV series info from 'What's Up with Onyx Path' panel on OP Con!
    • Set on 10-12 episodes. First series set in UK, probably London.
    • Pantheons – At least Norse, Celtic, Egyptians, South American, Titans ( of mentioned previous )
    • Using Mists and Masquerade of 1E - but using elements of 2E everyone knows about Myths. Reason is on series budget – showing Myths everyone will cost A LOT.
    • But everything is based on screenwriters idea - the streaming platform that pick up may change those things.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Snit
    replied
    My apologies, I didn't see the blurb on that site regarding locale. I still stand by my "wait and see" approach regarding details.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Don't forget the Elgin marbles as well.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    It's set in the UK. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tuatha.
    There are indeed Irish people in the UK.

There are also Indian practitioners of Hinduism. Afro-Carribbean people. A long history of Classicism drawing on the Roman era. History of Viking settlements. Egyptian people and important artifacts taken from Egypt.

You get the idea

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    That brings up a whole set of obnoxious stereotypes I (an Irish American) fear and loathe.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    https://www.jenkinsandtate.com/scion/

Scion the TV show will be set in the UK. Introducing brand new heroic and well loved characters from the Roleplay game for the first time in a live action adventure series.
    So, I would imagine they plan for most of the show to take place in the UK. Not surprising considering Jenkins & Tate is based out of the UK. Yes, they are still in the planning stages, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Snit
    replied
    What's "set in the U.K."? Speculating about locations, length of series, involved pantheons, or anything beyond "Hey, cool, they're working on an idea" is like saying "We had sex! What should we name the baby?" There's a long bumpy road ahead with every series proposal, and details are far in the future. Congrats to OP for getting this far, but I don't think we're going to be at the "which pantheons will be in it?" stage for a long time to come.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• omenseer
    replied
    Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    Agreed, Hollywood hates trying new things until they are overwhelmingly popular. Clearly a visionary has seen the virtues of the story possibilities.

Now let's hope their vision is somewhat close to how we who love the setting see it. If the Native American gods are reduced to either new age tropes or cigar store "Injuns," I for one will scream.

But they'll probably stick to the Greek gods at first.
    Greek and Norse probably.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Agreed, Hollywood hates trying new things until they are overwhelmingly popular. Clearly a visionary has seen the virtues of the story possibilities.

Now let's hope their vision is somewhat close to how we who love the setting see it. If the Native American gods are reduced to either new age tropes or cigar store "Injuns," I for one will scream.

But they'll probably stick to the Greek gods at first.

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    It is a big deal. Yes, it's just a first step, but it's a pretty big first step.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post

Yeah this all sounds completely speculative. The company looks like it was just created specifically for this project.
    Not created for it, but it is brand new and this is their FIRST project.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

they don’t have a network pickup. Most pilots don’t become series. It is far too early to treat it as a big deal.

Yeah this all sounds completely speculative. The company looks like it was just created specifically for this project.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    For me, done right, series like 4-6 seasons story from Origin to God Tiers would be fascinating to watch, just to have mirror of how to graduate plot between Tiers in RPG games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X