Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most useful Knacks?

Greetings,

As the title says, what are the most useful (compared to equivalent level i.e. Immortal or Heroic) knacks during play? By useful I mean, either most bang for your buck or most frequently used, it can be for each Calling, or perhaps there are clear winners overall.

And as a secondary question, regarding the Omniglot Translation knack, does this knack make you conversant in all languages, or does only work in languages you already know (just granting speed in the process)?
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 04-18-2021, 05:54 PM.

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
    regarding the Omniglot Translation knack, does this knack make you conversant in all languages, or does only work in languages you already know (just granting speed in the process)?
    To talk about particular Knack, best is quote it in discussion:

Omniglot Translation: When you converse in or read a foreign language, your communication is flawless, without a trace of an accent. You can turn out translations in your native language in a matter of minutes without needing to roll. If you are translating mystical runes or the handwriting of Gods, you still do so swiftly, but must make a Knack Skill roll.

Text implies supernatural understanding of languages as the shtick of this Knack. As such, I go with more leeway here and give Omniglot real 'I understand dead languages' vibe. Especially, as compared to other Knacks in Origin level - not too mention those on Hero level - it's rather tame in comparison. And it just cool to translate dead languages or that your characters normally not know.

Also, remember - Scion, in the end, is game about gods in modern world. ( Or they servants. ) Giving them truly supernal feel is totally in the heart of this game world.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-18-2021, 10:58 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The Immortal Destroyer Knack "By will alone" is really powerful. The ability to use Weapontags without the need to have a weapon is after all quite handy. As the rules dont really specify the number of Tags your choosen weapons can have it is entirely possible to have a Scion with an unlimited ammo rocketlauncher that no security guard or metal detector can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugbearer23 View Post
        The Immortal Destroyer Knack "By will alone" is really powerful. The ability to use Weapontags without the need to have a weapon is after all quite handy. As the rules dont really specify the number of Tags your choosen weapons can have it is entirely possible to have a Scion with an unlimited ammo rocketlauncher that no security guard or metal detector can find.
        Glad I'm not the only person the think of rocket launcher punches. Minigun punches are nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

To talk about particular Knack, best is quote it in discussion:

Omniglot Translation: When you converse in or read a foreign language, your communication is flawless, without a trace of an accent. You can turn out translations in your native language in a matter of minutes without needing to roll. If you are translating mystical runes or the handwriting of Gods, you still do so swiftly, but must make a Knack Skill roll.

Text implies supernatural understanding of languages as the shtick of this Knack. As such, I go with more leeway here and give Omniglot real 'I understand dead languages' vibe. Especially, as compared to other Knacks in Origin level - not too mention those on Hero level - it's rather tame in comparison. And it just cool to translate dead languages or that your characters normally not know.

Also, remember - Scion, in the end, is game about gods in modern world. ( Or they servants. ) Giving them truly supernal feel is totally in the heart of this game world.
          Thanks, this was my interpretation.

Regarding the Wireless Interface knack:

Wireless Interface: Electronic devices respond you
          without needing to touch them. They must be powered
          on and functional, but you can use a number of
          devices in the same Field as you equal to your Knack
          Skill with your hands free. If you try to do other
          things while communing with technology, you must
          make a mixed action roll.
          There is nothing to say that the devices have to be yours, right? So I can open electronic doors, manipulate ATMs, etc.

Seems really powerful used creatively.

Comment

For Wireless Interface, you'd still need to make the rolls to crack the systems. The knack just lets you interface with them, not control them at your whim. Still, being able to hack an electronic lock without touching it gives you a lot of plausible deniability.

Comment

Working...
            X