Needed: Boon ideas for a "Daring" Purview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed: Boon ideas for a "Daring" Purview

I'm creating a custom Purview for a character and it's called "Daring". It's supposed to be about taking chances, overcoming risks, being bold, etc. I plan to use Boon names like the following:

Do or Do Not
    Where Angels Fear to Tread
    Whatever You Can Do... (I can do better)
    Fools Rush In
    What Doesn't Kill You
    Daring Do
    Fortune Favors the Bold
    Throw Caution to the Wind
    Hold my Beer!

I'm looking for some general ideas of the types of abilities/powers that might be appropriate for this purview.

Some ideas I have are:
    Giving allies a bonus to an unskilled check
    Get some additional dice for a particularly difficult roll (Must have Difficulty 8+)
    Study someone else doing something and then doing the same thing with a bonus
    If you do something that qualifies for Daredevil Merit, get a Willpower back

Any help is appreciated!

Are you playing first edition by chance? I haven't read first ed in years, but allot of this doesn't make sense with 2nd Ed. If you are doing 2nd, I think this sounds more like a calling than a purview.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingGull View Post
      Are you playing first edition by chance? I haven't read first ed in years, but allot of this doesn't make sense with 2nd Ed. If you are doing 2nd, I think this sounds more like a calling than a purview.
      I was going to say Motif. You take a reckless risk, and that’s the act you work your Marvel through. The character would probably favor Epic Stamina, Epic Dexterity, and Fortune.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

If this is 2ed, I think I would start with the Fortune purview. The 'Nine Lives' boon fits it particularly well. I would then specialize, using the rules in the 'Mysteries of the World' Companion to create a custom boon.

Some boon ideas:

'Raise the stakes: When you take a dangerous action, describe an approach you take that makes it even more dangerous (do it blindfold, set it on fire first etc.). Gain +1 scale and +2 complications to the roll, where the complications include injury to yourself, an ally or causing a fatebinding to become imperilled.'

'David v Goliath : When you make a daring attempt against something that has scale over you, gain a +1 enhancement bonus. If you fail, regain a legend.'

'Show off : Your daring performances impressive everyone around you. When you show off your daring, you can cause legend+1 targets (or unlimited number of trivial targets) to become enraptured by your performance, granting you a +1 attitude bonus with them and your allies +2 enhancement to avoid detection by them as long as you continue to show off.'

Drawback: Daring craves an audience. You can only use powers from the Fortune purview in a dramatic and obvious fashion.

Comment

This is a custom version of the game, but we're using Purviews and Boons

Thanks NotMidas, those are some really good ideas and I will look into the Fortune Purview for some additional things I can modify!

Comment

Working...
          X