[Dragon] Wyrms 'Incarnations'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Dragon] Wyrms 'Incarnations'

So in Scion Dragon book ( or at least it's KS preview ) we have idea of Dragons being somehow between Gods and Titans - and something different. Setting my game's world canon, I wonder how to represent those great Wyrms described in book as NPCs players can interact on more ways than just 'sly the beast'. Generally, for working like that, those beings need the human-like avatar, to put them on uptown meetings or in romantic relation with PCs. And 'human-like avatar for god-like being' sounds a lot like Gods Incarnations.

So here arre questions:
    1. Are Incarnations for Dragons a thing? I cannot find them in preview manuscript.
    2. If yes, what is relation between (giant snake) Dragon and it's Incarnation? Are they the same? Can be multiple Incarnations of Dragon - and so we can have even 3-5 human Incarnations AND the Great Snake in some lone Lair in the World. At the same time.

So what do you read in preview - or at least think as fans on subject.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

( Fan musing ) If Reincarnated Heirs are basically Dragon version of Incarnatation Scions - and Lesser Wyrms are basically Demigods equivalent - I can easily see Greater Wyrms being simply Dragons version of Gods Incarnations. Not very high in numbers - but also not only one Greater Wyrm per Dragon.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

There is a Draconic knack that allows it's user to take human form. From what I can tell, Dragons don't make Avatar 'Incarnations', (might have gotten the word wrong because there are two very similar sounding terms that refer to related concepts). There aren't 'Mantles' for Heirs, that is a Legendary being thing.

But, there can be multiple Heirs recovering the Memory of a Draconic Ancestor/Patron at the same time and it is implied that there can be more than one Greater Wyrm claiming the legacy/Inheritance of a dragon's identity. So I mostly agree with wyrdhamster here.
      Reincarnated Heirs (Heirs of Dragons that are canonically dead) are a thing and it is practically said that the only way for their Patron to come back is if they claim enough of them to become them. I think they even call out Nessie as someone who tried to do this but overshot and became their own Dragon.

In short; You can not only have a bunch of Heirs to a dragon running around to reclaim the Memory/identity but multiple Great Snakes.

Of course I am the guy who thinks if some newcomer usurps your Mantle, you can become an Incarnation Scion to try and take back your place as a deity.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Notice: Great Wyrm is fan category extrapolated from Lesser Wyrms idea from book, to not confuse word 'Dragon' itself too much. It's those 'Inheritance 10', top of the Dragons evolution beings - that works as Dragon Patron described in Flights sections of the book, only PHYSICAL, in flesh, representation of them.

Page 139 of Sc Dragon KS Manuscript:
        'Characters with Inheritance 6 through 10 are still Heirs, but they’re considered Lesser Wyrms: powerful draconic beings with strong ties to the old ways, but still largely human in perspective. The higher an Heir’s Inheritance, the more her draconic urges rule her and the more of the Dragons’ collective knowledge she can access.
        Characters who gain Inheritance 10 become true Dragons in an apotheosis that grounds them completely in their collective Memory, transforming them into elder wyrms and majestic monsters with agendas, schemes, and maybe even Heirs of their own. This book assumes the players’ characters are Heirs or Lesser Wyrms acting on a Dragon’s behalf.'
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-04-2021, 02:50 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
        X