Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating creatures for birthrights

Couple of questions

Primary, secondary and desperation pool amounts. Hero tells us that the primary pool is dot rating times three, but I can't find anywhere what the secondary and desperation pool amount should be. The examples given don't seem to follow any rule that I could figure out.

Costs for Sorcery. If they created a phoenix it mention in Sorcery it costs 1 tension to channel that purview for fire boons. Does the party pay that momentum cost instead? Would it have it's own momentum pool?

I copied the example basilisk and made the secondary and desperation pools (primary -2) and (primary -4).
    Yes, spend momentum from the group pool rather than tension.

Comment

Originally posted by brutyl View Post
      Couple of questions

Costs for Sorcery. If they created a phoenix it mention in Sorcery it costs 1 tension to channel that purview for fire boons. Does the party pay that momentum cost instead? Would it have it's own momentum pool?
      Not sure what you mean by Sorcery, i checked in every book but didn't saw an option for a Creature to let you channel a purview, is there something i am missing ?

Comment

Isn't the Secondary pool half of the Primary pool, and the Desperation pool half of the Secondary?

Comment

I cribbed this from somewhere else on the forum awhile back and have it on my roll20 game forum because I was tired of hunting down the post. My apologies to whoever came up with this, i wish I remembered your name!
          Primary Pool: Creature dots x 3, list 2 or 3 things the Creature is best at
          Secondary Pool: Primary -2, list 1 or 2 things the Creature is ok at
          Desperation Pool: Primary -4
          Initiative: Desperation or Secondary, depending on the focus of the Creature.
          Health: Creature dots
          Defense: Creature/2 (rounded up)
          Tricks/Commands: Knows a number of tricks or commands equal to Creature dots (I've treated communication and carrying people as tricks)

Qualities: Whatever makes sense for the Creature, within reason. (Especially powerful Qualities should probably be treated like Flairs in terms of reducing the Primary dice pool. For animal senses and such just give them Scale 1 on those rolls)
          Flairs: You can add a Flair to a Creature by reducing it's Primary pool by 2 dice. If a Flair costs Tension to use, spend Momentum instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
            Isn't the Secondary pool half of the Primary pool, and the Desperation pool half of the Secondary?
            Huh. That is indeed not how antagonists are built in Scion. That must be for TC then.

Comment

Originally posted by brutyl View Post
              If a Creature ability says to spend Tension you are correct, spend Momentum instead. There is just one pool of momentum for players and their companions to draw from. The assumption for Creatures if they're mostly doing things at the command of the player they're attached to. If the Phoenix is intelligent and self-willed you could represent it as a Follower or Guide instead.
              Last edited by literatzi; 07-19-2021, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Why is all this not in the creature section of the book are they going to put out a free book to fix this....key word free book because it appears to be a mistake on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
                  Why is all this not in the creature section of the book are they going to put out a free book to fix this....key word free book because it appears to be a mistake on their part.

Text box at the bottom of page 202 in Hero, in the Creature section.

Comment

Working...
                  X