Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on how to run a Roadtrip game slash cod crossover?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on how to run a Roadtrip game slash cod crossover?

Hello! I was recently talking to a friend of mine about 2e and mentioned that one idea I have had is a roadtrip style game, which I admit was partially inspired by episode two of Mori Calliope's CoD campaign which has a similar kinda feel. As well I was thinking mixing in some wod stuff for lore, like how werewolves work, maybe make changeling fey unseelie or something like that. What advice can you guys give for how to run a roadtrip style scion game? I was in particular thinking of starting at Origin level.

So you want CoD or WoD crossover? Different settings, different crossover needs. For Scion/CoD crossover - I advise this topic to read - and maybe answer in.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      So you want CoD or WoD crossover? Different settings, different crossover needs. For Scion/CoD crossover - I advise this topic to read - and maybe answer in.

It is a scion CoD crossover yes, but it is also a roadtrip game.
      Last edited by Storyteller323; 08-15-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

First, remember that you could think of Odysseus voyage as the Greeks most rocky road trip, so you have a backing in myths.

For how to do it, you could just give every stop a theme and make it episodic. You stop in a small town to rest and resupply and it turns out that it was a vampire heaven, after that you ran out of gas in the middle of the road... near the lair of a werewolf pack, and the next big city has a war between a cabal of mages and a changeling court.

Comment

You may get some mileage (npi) out of CoD's Midnight Roads sourcebook.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by Sakii View Post
            First, remember that you could think of Odysseus voyage as the Greeks most rocky road trip, so you have a backing in myths.

For how to do it, you could just give every stop a theme and make it episodic. You stop in a small town to rest and resupply and it turns out that it was a vampire heaven, after that you ran out of gas in the middle of the road... near the lair of a werewolf pack, and the next big city has a war between a cabal of mages and a changeling court.

I thought the same thing but I am worried that after a while that'd make things feel formulaic in a way the players find boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller323 View Post

I thought the same thing but I am worried that after a while that'd make things feel formulaic in a way the players find boring.
              ehhhh, the cheeky answer would be "make it formulaic in a way that they find interesting". This is how some long running shows pull off the monster of the week story.

But for a more useful answer, you could add recurring characters that join together all the episodes, like a hunter cell that is always in the same spots as you, or some entity that found your band interesting so its following you.
              You can also after a while interconnect the different events, maybe the big city used to have a balance of power between the vampires, mages and changelings. But the vampires lost power and where kicked off to a small town, a small town under the ward of a near pack of werewolves.
              Last edited by Sakii; 08-16-2021, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Does your road trip have a destination?

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                  Does your road trip have a destination?

I do not know yet

Comment

Okay; because of it does, that could help explain any “fellow travelers” (recurring non-player characters) you might include, and might help define the flavor of the road trip.

Comment

I am also justifying them not getting overweight and unhealthy from all the fast food they would probably be eating on the road with that being a scion gives you a divine metabolism :P

Comment

Not getting the relevance.

Comment

Was mostly a joke. One issue I have is that I am planning on making this start at Origins, but I am unsure how to handle the visitations when they get to hero level.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller323 View Post
                            One issue I have is that I am planning on making this start at Origins, but I am unsure how to handle the visitations when they get to hero level.
                            I do Visitations as 'dream sequences', - if you know both kind of Mage or Beast from WoD/CoD, it's more or less the Awakening / Devouring. If you really want to go supernatural, you may make the new Hero disappearing from Material World for one hour, for example, returning with Relics and Birthrights their Patron give them on Visitation. ( I made it that way, it worked great! )
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-20-2021, 02:45 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                            LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Maybe it could also be done as like, a reoccuring npc when they are in origin levels who it is revealed was their divine patron. And they do their visitation at like a truck stop or something, and we do it like a second prelude where it's a little solo session.

Comment

Working...
                              X