Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints & Monsters preview

Courtesy of the Onyx Path blog.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

So the Virtuous condition is a lot more useful to Saints than Heroes through their knacks.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
      So the Virtuous condition is a lot more useful to Saints than Heroes through their knacks.
      Oh yes, Saints run on Virtue extremity in lieu of Legend.

Though I’m considering a home brew Knack that let Yin/Yang Saints invert the system and get their bonuses when they’re in balance, when they have to expend their Balanced state (instead of Virtuous) they get thrown into Virtuous Yin or Yang based on the flavor of the action they spent their balance on, and then have to work their way back to balance the way other Saints have to work their way back to Virtuous.
      Last edited by glamourweaver; 08-21-2021, 05:07 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        I’m considering a home brew Knack that let Yin/Yang Saints invert the system and get their bonuses when they’re in balance, when they have to expend their Balanced state (instead of Virtuous) they Gen thrown into Virtuous Yin or Yang based on the flavor of the action they spent their balance on, and then have to work their way back to balance the way other Saints have to work their way back to Virtuous.
        Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure you should bother with requiring a Knack, since that penalizes players of Yin/Yang Saints by making them waste a Knack. Just say that Yin/Yang Saints reverse the system.

Comment

Also, if played correctly, stay Virtuous is far easier than stay in balance.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
            Also, if played correctly, stay Virtuous is far easier than stay in balance.
            Good point. I’ll just make it a player option rather than a knack.

Comment

Good point. I’ll just make it a player option rather than a knack.
              An awesome option for Ying Yang characters as balance is basically the target of the philosophy. But other virtues could take advantage of it, if not all, it’s much like balancing all aspects of the culture, not falling to any direction.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
              Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
              Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Part 2, previewing Prophets.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
                  Part 2, previewing Prophets.

Miracle-Worker sounds like it should be interesting. I really want this book so I can finish my write up for the Tzabaoth (Abrahamic Host of Heaven) including their reliance of Saints and Prophets as agents in lieu of Scions, as well as their playable forbidden Scions (Nephilim).

Comment

Anything on Sorcerers or Wizards. Or is it only saints, prophets, and chosen ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                      Anything on Sorcerers or Wizards. Or is it only saints, prophets, and chosen ones?
                      Sorcerer's should probs be next week. But I'm not 100%sure

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                        this is basically the “not Scions” book for the core setting. It is covering Saints, Prophets, and Sorcerers (and I assume Denizens since it has “Monsters” in the title, but I haven’t seen that explicitly confirmed by writers or devs).

Comment

Saints & Monsters Preview 2 - Prophets from the Myths ! ❤️ As an old CoD fan, I have positive associations, especially with a Mage - The Prophets look quite a bit weaker Acanthi! 😮 Or the Fate manipulators of the Changeling!

Miracle-Worker sounds like it should be interesting. I really want this book so I can finish my write up for the Tzabaoth (Abrahamic Host of Heaven) including their reliance of Saints and Prophets as agents in lieu of Scions, as well as their playable forbidden Scions (Nephilim).
                          glamourweaver I would be VERY interested in reading you Abrahamic Host, even if you would have problem putting it as Storypath Nexus. Just PM me files if you would want too publish. ( Last 2 weeks ago someone put their Montheistic Pantheon on Nexus - it lasted only 2 hours, I could not even download it, as I were on the road, in my car. 😒 )

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                            Saints & Monsters Preview 2 - Prophets from the Myths ! ❤️ As an old CoD fan, I have positive associations, especially with a Mage - The Prophets look quite a bit weaker Acanthi! 😮 Or the Fate manipulators of the Changeling!

glamourweaver I would be VERY interested in reading you Abrahamic Host, even if you would have problem putting it as Storypath Nexus. Just PM me files if you would want too publish. ( Last 2 weeks ago someone put their Montheistic Pantheon on Nexus - it lasted only 2 hours, I could not even download it, as I were on the road, in my car. 😒 )
                            It wasn't really much from I've seen of it, it just involved the four archangels and that's about it.

Also strangely enough the front cover of it misspelled judeo with judo.

Comment

Originally posted by reaperfrost8 View Post

It wasn't really much from I've seen of it, it just involved the four archangels and that's about it.

Also strangely enough the front cover of it misspelled judeo with judo.
                              Yeah it just had the Purviews and Callings for their take on a few major archangels. Wouldn’t even make a Scion of those patrons playable out of the box since it didn’t have Virtues or PSP. You didn’t miss anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X