[Sc 2E] Hit Location Generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Sc 2E] Hit Location Generator

As I read Injuries rules in Origin book, it seems that Injury location is critical ( hehe ) for determining Difficulties to actions etc. For simplifying things, I just make Hit Location Generator, to determine where attack made Injury.

To Determine Hit Location, roll 1d10
    1-2. Leg
    3-4. Left Arm
    5-6. Right Arm
    7-9. Chest – Difficulties are to ALL actions
    10. Head – Damage is automatic Aggravated, even if not normally
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-12-2021, 10:21 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

General hitting would be connected to rolling on the Generator. To aim for particular body part, you take Difficulty +1 ( +2 on Head) to making the attack.

Also, I think about other, more balanced, generator list:

1-2. Leg
    3-4. Left Arm
    5-6. Right Arm
    7-9. Chest – Difficulties are to ALL actions
    10. Head – Damage is automatic Aggravated, even if not normally
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-12-2021, 10:27 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Arms have much more location results as natural is targeting upper body parts. AND in combat, hitting arms is more important than legs, as on enemy the arms are using weapons, so you want enemy to stop using them.

LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

This there a particular reason you want to make head damage automatically Aggravated? A lot of potential head injuries could come with serious penalties (like being blinded) rather than changing the damage type.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
          This there a particular reason you want to make head damage automatically Aggravated? A lot of potential head injuries could come with serious penalties (like being blinded) rather than changing the damage type.
          Thought about it would be nice 'Critical Hit' effect, based on the location to hit only ( beside 'second Injury' Stunt with 4+ successes ) . Also, I really do not like too much Conditions in combat in my games - 'Condition bloat' is very really thing, especially as I run games using Virtual TableTop.

But now thinking about it - I change Head effect to upgrading Injury level, from Bashing to Lethal, Lethal to Aggravated. Of course, it would be SG call if it's possible.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-13-2021, 01:58 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Revision of Hit Locations:
            1-2. Leg
            3-4. Left Arm
            5-6. Right Arm
            7-9. Chest – Difficulties are higher to ALL actions
            10. Head – Damage type is upgraded – Bashing to Lethal,
            Lethal to Aggravated. SG call.

Aiming - +1 Difficulty to attack particular body part. +2 Difficulty for head.

LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

There's going to be a Condition either way... that's how Injuries work in the system. Damage types matter to the bigger impact (like healing).

Comment

Was thinking on making Head hit easier Critical Hit Stunt - but it's needless complication. You get like +2 Difficulty to Hit for -2 Difficulty on Critical Hit Stunt.

Double Critical Hit Stunt effect ( so +2 extra Injuries from CHS, instead of +1 ) would probably be too much? For getting 6s ( 4s for Critical Hit and 2s for Difficulty to Head ) you get 2 extra Injuries, not with 8s like you would need normally.
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-13-2021, 04:23 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'm still utterly confused. You don't want more Conditions so.... you're applying more Injury Conditions to the target on a headshot?

For whatever reasons you have for wanting Scion to enforce the "headshot boom" thing, there's gotta be more satisfactory things than just piling on extra Injuries or upgrading damage types.

Besides just enforcing broader penalties, why not having something like shots to the head have to go into a more severe health box excluding Taken Out. So head shots get into those juicy -2 and -4 boxes faster. That alone could easily sway the fight.

Comment

Honestly, I personally don’t like the idea. I tried too many times in D&D, and all I got was an even slower game.

My suggestion to you, if you really want to make it, is different parts may result in injuries of higher or lower categories.

For example, a hit in the head will never be a bruised, so it ignores all the lower boxes and go straight to the worst ones.

Personally, I am completely pro conditions. I removed the health boxes completely and do everything with conditions. The game becomes more about hit it hard and less about hit it many times (prevent death by papercut).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

After critic and talks with other GMs / SGs I'm throwing away idea. Much simpler is to clear Injuries / Difficulties / Conditions relations. Sooo, it would work like this...

Injury levels higher Difficulty is ALWAYS penalising character. Irrelevant if character get’s in Head, Arm or Chest. Irrelevant also what she is doing. Injury is general higher Difficulty level for character, whatever if she is using Arm, Legs, etc. Hit location is pointed only for description and maybe Condition, if it’s at Maimed level. Momentum for attacker comes for character fighting on with Injured or Maimed levels. Character can force Condition on target with spending Momentum for it - and by this, hitting specific body part.

LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        After critic and talks with other GMs / SGs I'm throwing away idea. Much simpler is to clear Injuries / Difficulties / Conditions relations. Sooo, it would work like this...

Injury levels higher Difficulty is ALWAYS penalising character. Irrelevant if character get’s in Head, Arm or Chest. Irrelevant also what she is doing. Injury is general higher Difficulty level for character, whatever if she is using Arm, Legs, etc. Hit location is pointed only for description and maybe Condition, if it’s at Maimed level. Momentum for attacker comes for character fighting on with Injured or Maimed levels. Character can force Condition on target with spending Momentum for it - and by this, hitting specific body part.
                        It indeed makes everything easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                          Personally, I am completely pro conditions. I removed the health boxes completely and do everything with conditions. The game becomes more about hit it hard and less about hit it many times (prevent death by papercut).
                          Can you tell us more about how this works? It sounds like an interesting idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

Can you tell us more about how this works? It sounds like an interesting idea.
                            The idea is basically you don’t have a set number of injuries you may take before you are taken out.

Instead each attack causes one injury that is a Bruised condition, if you add critical (that costs 3 successes) it becomes a Injured condition, adds again and it’s maimed and again it is a imediate take out.

Some tags make it easier, brutal reduce the cost of critical, deadly increase the category to injured straight from the hit. So, if you are punched 100 times you get 100 different injuries that may cause complications in multiple situations, but it may still not me enough to take you out, but one good hit may take you out, it’s hard to happen, but may happen.

to compensate you have endurance boxes that you spend when hit to reduce the category of the injury. You have between 0 and 2, and hard Armor works the same way, it reduces the category of the injury by 1 per Armor box marked.

There are ways to explore injuries the target already have, so you can try to make it worse, but if it’s not enough to make it worse it adds nothing.

It works nice in TC, didn’t test in Scion, with the different tags, but I think it may work nice too.

Comment

Working...
                            X