This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask The Line Dev

Hello everyone, if you are not aware. The scion Line Dev is no other than Hiromi Cota,and they have given me permission to make an ask an Dev thread?
    How nice is that. So please put questions here and if hiromi has the time they'll answer

Any Plans for more Shards?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Any Plans for more Shards?
      Shards as in non-canonical settings for folks to have fun in, a la Dragon & Masks?

There are a few ideas in a pre-pitch stage. I don't know that I could call them plans at the moment, but there's a pitch in particular that's pretty likely to happen. I think a lot of folks will have fun with it.

Making TTRPGs queerer and more culturally diverse since 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Hiromi View Post
        Shards as in non-canonical settings for folks to have fun in, a la Dragon & Masks?

There are a few ideas in a pre-pitch stage. I don't know that I could call them plans at the moment, but there's a pitch in particular that's pretty likely to happen. I think a lot of folks will have fun with it.
        That's wonderful

Comment

Does Saint and Monsters features minotaurs or Giants as player characters?

Comment

Will there be rules for playing cthonians?

Comment

Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post
              Does Saint and Monsters features minotaurs or Giants as player characters?
              I've been uninvolved in Saints & Monsters' development, so that doesn't feel like my spoiler to give. I'll invite the dev to answer and see if they feel like answering, though.

Comment

Originally posted by rickayelm View Post
                Will there be rules for playing cthonians?
                As in a how-to on running an Underworld?

There's a little of that coming up soon in Realms of Magic & Mystery. I don't know if a more in-depth look is feasible, as every Underworld is different. Heck, Mictlán's actually 9 Underworlds (although most of the actual business takes place in Chiconahualóyan.) That's not a definite "no," but it is something that'll be challenging to pull off.

For right now, I don't have a solution that does a good enough job of walking the line between cultural respect, breadth of options, and playable content. If that changes, I think it'll make for a fun book.

Comment

No, I meant playing the actually creatures. Could you play a demon, or a Fury?

Comment

Originally posted by rickayelm View Post
                    No, I meant playing the actually creatures. Could you play a demon, or a Fury?
                    Oh, totally. Those would both count as Denizens, which have rules at the end of Origin, starting on page 162. There are a few templates that I could see as appropriate for Erinyes out of the box, depending on which aspects you're interested in.

Denizens are getting some love in Saints and Monsters, as seen here: http://theonyxpath.com/scion-saints-monsters-preview-3/

Comment

does scion: god takes cues from other rpg's about playing godlike characters? like the jenna moran ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                        does scion: god takes cues from other rpg's about playing godlike characters? like the jenna moran ones?
                        I don't think there's any direct cues from her, but I'm sure some of her work at least indirectly inspired some of the ideas. There are a lot of Exalted fans working on God.

Comment

Is Saints and Monsters getting kickstarted for a print run or going to pod on drivethru?

Comment

Is there any plans to finish the origin and hero books with corrections, examples and working mechanics?

Comment

Can you share any details on No Gods, No Masters (or point me in the direction of the relevant blog posts if I missed them)?

"The Man and the Beast are having an amiable picnic in that Savage’s head. It’s rather disturbing." - Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicle, pg. 22

Comment

Working...
                              X