Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you guys reveal any preliminary thoughts on how pantheon creation is going to go, for players who want to start their own faith seperate from the ones in the book? Mainly, is this going to be very freeform with guidelines on how to handle it at the table, or are there mechanics planned to attach to this?
    Last edited by nika777; 12-02-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Also, thanks so much for starting this thread. It's a really cool thing to do

Comment

So,snapping your finger and making a mountain sounds nice,any other things i can do by spending a whole lot of legend?

Comment

This is a question that may have been covered (haven't had a chance to go through 2e and only have Hero and Companion in 1e), but do the children of Heroes & Demigods have a chance of being a Scion? Like two members of a band find themselves falling in love and end up starting a family while in their pregodhood stages, I mean the ichor is there and who knows.
          I ask mainly because of a bit of fan fiction I'm pondering for another property but I want to keep the mechanics right. But I really think I would actually be willing to play that type of character.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

No Fatebounding for Gods to countries/nations even?
            Not really. The worshippers, cults, religions, and other peoples that Gods generally get Fatebound to exist separately of national boundaries. Like, if Odin got Fatebound to a large group of worshippers, specifying a nation would be odd, since even within a specific sect of people, you'll have members from all over The World.

Making TTRPGs queerer and more culturally diverse since 2016

Comment

Originally posted by nika777 View Post
              Can you guys reveal any preliminary thoughts on how pantheon creation is going to go, for players who want to start their own faith seperate from the ones in the book? Mainly, is this going to be very freeform with guidelines on how to handle it at the table, or are there mechanics planned to attach to this?
              Mysteries of The World has a chapter on creating your own pantheon, using the Atlantean Teros as an example. There are even design notes and guidance within the Teros that explain how you can translate existing (or entirely new) myth into designing Gods and their roles within their Pantheon.

As far as mechanics that go into how cults and religions will work in God, they'll support tying those into whichever Pantheon you want, which includes custom ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                So,snapping your finger and making a mountain sounds nice,any other things i can do by spending a whole lot of legend?
                Honestly, while Scion: God's going to specifically name some cool things, the only real limits to what you can do by spending Legend are:
                • How much Legend you have to spend
                • Your imagination
                • How much someone else will care and be able to resist your effect
                After all, if you stroll into Heaven and decide to rearrange a big chunk of it into a shopping mall, it's probably not going to last long. Even if you dump 12 Legend into it, there are so many Shen that a group of them will probably revert everything you did. But, if you wanted to make your own Midrealm, you could probably get away with that without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by fereality View Post
                  This is a question that may have been covered (haven't had a chance to go through 2e and only have Hero and Companion in 1e), but do the children of Heroes & Demigods have a chance of being a Scion? Like two members of a band find themselves falling in love and end up starting a family while in their pregodhood stages, I mean the ichor is there and who knows.
                  I ask mainly because of a bit of fan fiction I'm pondering for another property but I want to keep the mechanics right. But I really think I would actually be willing to play that type of character.
                  Oh, sure. Technically, someone doesn't even need to be related to a God to become a Scion. Chosen of Gods are one of the main types of Scions.

Becoming a Scion of a Hero-tier character is pretty unlikely, simply because they're not terribly powerful, but the child of a Scion could 100% be a Scion of the same God. The line gets pretty blurry at Demigod tier. Like Heracles/Hercules is generally considered a Demigod, but a ton of his children would probably be considered Scions.

ALSO! Someone could retroactively become a Scion once their divine parent became powerful enough. Like, two Hero-tier Scions could have a child, who seems normal enough at birth, but gradually becomes more powerful as divine parents do, until they're powerful enough to take charge of their own destiny, eventually overshadowing their parents.

Comment

are there any titans or other antagonists in God you can name drop?

Comment

are there any titans or other antagonists in God you can name drop?
                      Not at this point, but that'll change as we get closer to the finish line and the Kickstarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiromi View Post
                        Honestly, while Scion: God's going to specifically name some cool things, the only real limits to what you can do by spending Legend are:
                        • How much Legend you have to spend
                        • Your imagination
                        • How much someone else will care and be able to resist your effect

After all, if you stroll into Heaven and decide to rearrange a big chunk of it into a shopping mall, it's probably not going to last long. Even if you dump 12 Legend into it, there are so many Shen that a group of them will probably revert everything you did. But, if you wanted to make your own Midrealm, you could probably get away with that without problems.
                        It reads like gods will have more chances to spend big chunks of Legend. Will they have more means to replenish them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sakii View Post

It reads like gods will have more chances to spend big chunks of Legend. Will they have more means to replenish them?
                          Yes, although exactly how much they get and from what sources is something that requires further fine-tuning, so I can't get into much detail about the mechanics except by saying that being a responsible God will replenish Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiromi View Post
                            Yes, although exactly how much they get and from what sources is something that requires further fine-tuning, so I can't get into much detail about the mechanics except by saying that being a responsible God will replenish Legend.
                            About Gods, I can't help but notice that different mythocosmos have different ideas of divinity. In India a God is a aspect of Infinity,in Ireland they're more like ultra fae. Does the book talks about that?

Comment

I have a couple rules clarification questions, regarding a potential conflict in the Origin rulebook. I've been looking for a while, but can't find any informaiton online. If you could clarify, I would appreciate it!

1. According to my reading of the "Building Legend" sidebar on page 164 of Origin, it seems like Kitsune do not gain a (supernatural?) tail until they gain a point of Legend. Am I correct in assuming that this means that Origin-level Kitsune, without a Legend score, do not have to worry about hiding a tail in human form?

2. If my reading of the sidebar is correct, could you clarify the function of the "Mortal Mask" knack? If I'm understanding the description correctly, it serves two functions: 1) to hide a Kitsune's tail while in human form (which, again, Origin-level kitsune don't have), and 2) to keep them from being automatically identified by another being with a Legend score. Is that right? (I apologize, that just seems a little... underwhelming to me.)

Thanks so much!
                              Last edited by brokenimage321; 12-29-2021, 12:17 AM.

Comment

About Gods, I can't help but notice that different mythocosmos have different ideas of divinity. In India a God is a aspect of Infinity,in Ireland they're more like ultra fae. Does the book talks about that?
                                Different cultures' concepts of divinity is a difficult topic to tackle in general, but especially in Scion. God will touch on that a bit, but a well-formed answer is going to beyond the scope of the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X