X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question with knack and boon

Hello,
    I have questions with some knacks and boons:
    Calling Guargian => A Talisman : grants the bearer 2 Enhancement to rolls made to defend.
    So if the player made a roll defense with 1 success, his defense is 4 aka 1 standard + 1 success +2 from the knack? If not when use it?

Purview Heath => Innate Power : Gain enhancement 1 on Stamina rolls.
    So if the player made a roll defense with 1 success, his defense is 3 aka 1 standard + 1 success +1 from the innate power?

Purview Sun => Penetrating Glare : Add Enhancement 3 on any rolls to determine whether a character is lying etc..
    Why enhancement? If the difficulty is 3, how enhancement can help if the player roll 2 success? How the boon can help?

Thanks in advance for your response

I think it would actually be a defense of 3. My reading of the standard defense action is that your default defense is 1 and no matter how bad the defense roll gets or other penalties are your defense can't drop below 1. The defense action can raise it, but if you only got 1 success (I'm ignoring other factors for the moment) then what you've done is matched standard, but if you rolled 2 successes then your defense would be 2 ignoring anything else. Now in this case the knack is still useful because even if you only got 1 success enhancement 2 means you still come out of it with a defense of 3 that round or to use for other defensive stunts like diving for cover.

As for penetrating glare, remember enhancements apply on the caveat that you rolled successes not that you succeeded on the roll. So your scenario of trying to see through a lie with a difficulty of 3 and only rolling two successes means adding penetrating glare to the equation gives you a total of five successes.

Comment

Ok il's clear now! Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X