[Sc 2E] Questions on Purviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Sc 2E] Questions on Purviews

Like topic name - I could not found appropriate to it earlier.

Here is my starting list...

1. Purviews are open ended - and can generate any effect in the range of Purviews subject, yes? Typical effect (Boons) are like Feat of Scale to actions, +3 Enhancement / Complication - or any 'small miracle' that's appropriate, yes?

2. Where are Conditions for Sc 2E Hero book? My player used Master of Disease Boon from Health Purview. It's text relates to Divine Plague Condition - but I cannot find it in Hero book.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

1. More or less. The freeform effects of Purviews are Marvels, described in Hero, pp. 238-9. You can only perform one Marvel per scene, but can use Boons as many times as you can afford to pay the Legend cost for.

2. The Divine Plague Condition is (roughly) described in the text for Master of Disease: until it is lifted through magical healing, you have a +5 Complication on all actions. The effect of not overcoming the Complication on any particular action is up to the player and Storyguide to determine, based on the nature of the disease, but it's generally going to mean that anything you try to do will come with drawbacks. E.g., you can croak out a prayer through a fit of coughing, but the God you pray to is offended; your feverish looks make people unwilling to approach or touch you, even if you try to tell them you're not contagious; your vision blurs and you waste an attack on empty air; you manage to exert your diseased lungs long enough to sprint somewhere, but take damage when you do; etc.

Scion 2E Freelancer: Origin; Hero; Demigod; God; Mythical Denizens; Mysteries of the World; Saints & Monsters; No Gods, No Masters; Once & Future, Realms of Magic & Mystery

Comment

3, Could Epic Strength Purview ( ESP in short ) been some help on the foot chase? Base Chase rules points that characters on foot roll on Might Attribute. ESP description states:
      ' It is supreme raw physical power, allowing those Scions with Epic Strength to utterly overwhelm their
      lessers by force of arms, accomplish deeds of impossible strength, or show up any gym rat who dares try to out lift them.'

ESP
      do not have direct running power - but giving Scion possibility to use Feat of Scale on Legend of his, seems fitting for foot chases, yes?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
      X