Callings question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callings question

I've gotten a bit of an odd question (well to me anyway) on Callings. Aside from the ones in Origin and Hero, are there other callings listed anywhere. One of my more RP players is noting (to her) the archetypes are rather limited. I tend to liberally interpret Callings to allow for fun, but the question stands

There are the Titan Callings (Adversary, Destroyer, Monster, Primeval and Tyrant) in the Titanomachy sourcebook.

Comment

What I may suggest you is to point that a Hero has 3 callings, what makes the possible combinations in the order or hundreds without even thinking how to distribute the dots, before going for new callings.

Sure, you could build others, but it’s more meaningful to work with the combination of concepts for callings, as they are archetypes common to all myths, and be creative with the paths

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Eh, they are Archetypes. Not really meant to be fleshed out. They give abilities suitable to archetypal myth characters, and I think that is a good design choice. As noted there are are the Titanic ones for a few options outside the usual hero model, but I think with some tinkering one can find a trio that suits them. My group is very very heavy RP and we have been quite pleased. Mateus's suggestion with the Paths is also a good one.

Onyx Path Moderator
        Forum Rules
        This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
        [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

Thank you all. That's what I kinda of thought, but I figured I'd ask for clarity

Comment

If I remember correctly, in Scion 2E Companion: Mysteries of the World - are rules how to build alternative Callings etc. But, in reality, they are just much more focused Callings. If normal Beasts let you talk and change with all animals - Calling Beasts ( Squirels) let you talk and change only Squirels.

( But Mysteries of the World is great read, and I advice to look on it for each Story Guide before they run game in Scion! Gooooo Myth Levels and Pantheon of Atlantis!)
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-25-2021, 12:53 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              If I remember correctly, in Scion 2E Companion: Mysteries of the World - are rules how to build alternative Callings etc. But, in reality, they are just much more focused Callings. If normal Beasts let you talk and change with all animals - Calling Beasts ( Squirels) let you talk and change only Squirels.

( But Mysteries of the World is great read, and I advice to look on it for each Story Guide before they run game in Scion! Gooooo Myth Levels and Pantheon of Atlantis!)
              the rules you are talking are not about Callings, but purviews.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
              Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
              Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by TheWanderingJewels View Post
                Thank you all. That's what I kinda of thought, but I figured I'd ask for clarity
                Just out of curiosity, what do they feel that the current set of callings is missing? I count 165 unique ways to combine just the core Callings (e.g. not counting Lover/Warrior/Hunter and Hunter/Warrior/Lover as two separate possibilities), and while I don't feel constrained I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Comment

Working...
                X