Bit of Fun: Cultural differences the Scion World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of Fun: Cultural differences the Scion World

I thought about this a bit and given everything running in the back ground, films regarding the various Legends and myths might be popular. I also have in the background that Pulp films tend to be popular. The Spider and the Shadow Films have had a recent run of popularity. I have also had 6 Indiana Jones films in this world that were shot in the pulp style and relatively close together, giving the series a good end

Anyone else have little quirks like this?
    Last edited by TheWanderingJewels; 01-19-2022, 07:47 PM.

Very cool. I like Scion but I’ve never actually played it. If I ever run a game imma borrow your idea (if you don’t mind).

Comment

The holidays would be very different. And there would be more of them.

The winter solstice holidays would still be big. The European agricultural year would have still seen to that. Shrovetide (the English Mardi Gras) would still be around.

Many Native American festivals would be vital and widely recognized.

Since Holiday comes from "holy day" there would be more fuss and feathers over which days a given town or group celebrates.

Comment

Every culture (including monotheistic ones, if they exist) would have its own holidays derived from the myths of its deities.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

The winter solstice holidays would still be big. The European agricultural year would have still seen to that. Shrovetide (the English Mardi Gras) would still be around.

Many Native American festivals would be vital and widely recognized.

Since Holiday comes from "holy day" there would be more fuss and feathers over which days a given town or group celebrates.

Can I interest you in some Nexus material about holidays and special dates around the World, sir?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...es--Ceremonies

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
            Given the greater variety of religions being practiced by much of the population, I could see companies offering their employees religious holiday time in addition to sick leave and vacation/personal days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayashi View Post

Can I interest you in some Nexus material about holidays and special dates around the World, sir?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...es--Ceremonies

Already snagged it a way back to help my players out. Top Shelf

Comment

Originally posted by TheWanderingJewels View Post
                I thought about this a bit and given everything running in the back ground, films regarding the various Legends and myths might be popular. I also have in the background that Pulp films tend to be popular. The Spider and the Shadow Films have had a recent run of popularity. I have also had 6 Indiana Jones films in this world that were shot in the pulp style and relatively close together, giving the series a good end

Anyone else have little quirks like this?
                idea that intersect with that: fictional Superhero comics never became a industry trend in the World. Instead, comics became a Deifan medium to tell the stories (true and… creative) of active Scions in the World. So it makes sense movie studios deal in pulp ips they can actually own instead.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Members of the US Senate wear togas over their suits on when on the Senate floor out of traditional formality.

Comment

Six Grandfathers stands undesecrated on Lakota Sioux land.

Comment

For the same reason monotheistic power structures have historically been less repressive of polytheism than in reality, Communist regimes have to be less repressive of religion in general than in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

idea that intersect with that: fictional Superhero comics never became a industry trend in the World. Instead, comics became a Deifan medium to tell the stories (true and… creative) of active Scions in the World. So it makes sense movie studios deal in pulp ips they can actually own instead.
                        Given how ribald and energetic some of the Greek tales got, the films would likely be quite restrained in comparison

Comment

I was talking with some friend about the whole concept of Deifans and that is insane. Can you immagine go to a convention and have people cosplaying.... as you?
                          Last edited by Hayashi; 01-26-2022, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Some comics wouldn't change much. Wonder Woman is a Scion. Superman (described as the Sun God from Kansas by Grant Morrison), Aquaman, Namor, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Iron Man, and many others can easily be made into Scions.

Comment

Even Batman could be the Scion of a goddess of the night.

Comment

Working...
                              X