Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dataweaver
    replied
    True. For instance, Columbia, patron goddess of the United States.

Leave a comment:

• Maitrecorbo
    replied
    Keeping in mind also that there doesnt need to be any house rule concerning new gods.
    After all more modern divine beings interactjng with mortal are what scions are.

And it would surprise me if the God book doesnt adresse the scion characters fulfilling roles that are absent in the pantheon. Of which modern elements often (but not always) are.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Rainbow colors=frequencies of light; radio waves are different “colors”. So being the goddess of the rainbow puts Iris in a perfect role to deal with radio communications. That, combined with her being the other messenger of the gods, makes her a natural fit for at least the WiFi part of the Internet.

I see her being thrilled by the modern world, where people use colors beyond the paltry seven that used to be all that people knew about; and they use the other colors to communicate.

The only thing that Hermes has going for him in terms of being God of the Internet is that he's the messenger of the gods.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-08-2020, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Not a pantheon, but if I was more confident in my grasp of primary sources, I would try doing a Theoi sourcebook similar to the really awesome and amazing Irish one that is on the Nexis, mainly to include entries for ones like Iris, Hekate, Hebe and others that I think have a lot of fun potential but never seem to get enough screen time.

My short list of ones I am most looking forward to:
    • Loa
    • Persian
    • Slavic
    • Mongolian
    • Zulu
    • Hawaiian
    • Cherokee
    • Mayan

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Light + Optic Fiber = Internet... joking.

The rainbow is the way iris sends messengers around, like a direct connection between to points, so the two points can communicate basically. In this case working as internet...

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Hermes, or Iris. I personally tend to think that Iris would work better as Goddess of the Internet, due to her association with the rainbow.
    I'm LGBT+ activist and IT technician - and even I cannot see how rainbow is cructial to Internet... Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Antagonists or not, they don’t make sense in the World, where Hermès is perfectly capable of being god of the internet without the internet being a new god unto itself.
    American Gods spoiler

The entire idea of modern and old gods is a lie, not just the fact they are antagonists.
    If you think Loki was one of the new gods, at least that specific version of Loki, you can say any or all the “modern” gods can be revisions of the old gods, even if they don’t see it that way.

The Media can be Venus or any other goddess, as long the old goddess would be a egocentric bitch... same for tech boy, it is possible that Hermes, and the entire idea of magic went thru a review thru the centuries, and ”the magic of how computers work” became the new magic... as far as I know there can be a Elemental inside my computer (joking, I have a more clair idea of how it works, not that I understand the principles in the chip, but I know the idea)

Anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Antagonists or not, they don’t make sense in the World, where Hermès is perfectly capable of being god of the internet without the internet being a new god unto itself.
    Hermes, or Iris. I personally tend to think that Iris would work better as Goddess of the Internet, due to her association with the rainbow.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Trippy View Post

I look forward to seeing some Abrahamic pantheons included. It would really add to the game, in my view. With regards to a ‘Modern Gods’ pantheon, I’m just thinking of another antagonist group really - which is pretty much as they are in American Gods.

Which is not saying “modern gods” can’t be done in Scion, it just needs to be a separate setting.

American Gods spoiler

the dichotomy of them as antagonists to the old gods was a con. The old vs new division is a lie. They and the old gods were being equally manipulated. Gaiman’s hardly a Luddite who sees modernity as a threat to imagination and myth

Leave a comment:

• Trippy
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

We have a shot on Post-Modern Pantheon here - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...gods-of-gaiman
    Interesting read!

Leave a comment:

• Trippy
    replied

Working on both (though the “Modern Gods” pantheon will need to be for a different setting, because they make no sense in the World where the “old gods” have kept up and are popular).

Of course Mal’akhim and Legion will have to be released into the wild rather than published on the Nexus. But I’m hoping to put Novis Ordo Seclorum up on the Nexus.

Abrahamic pantheons don’t go against anything. Excluding them goes against everything by pretending said belief systems are somehow different and special from all the world’s other belief systems. The Orisha already demonstrate monotheistic pantheons work just fine in the setting.
    I look forward to seeing some Abrahamic pantheons included. It would really add to the game, in my view. With regards to a ‘Modern Gods’ pantheon, I’m just thinking of another antagonist group really - which is pretty much as they are in American Gods.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Also, as per American Gods, a ‘post-modern’ pantheon of contemporary gods.
    We have a shot on Post-Modern Pantheon here - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...gods-of-gaiman

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    This may prove to be unpopular and people may say it goes against everything.....but a Judeo-Christian ‘pantheon’ based on the Angels and Demons, respectively.

Working on both (though the “Modern Gods” pantheon will need to be for a different setting, because they make no sense in the World where the “old gods” have kept up and are popular).

Of course Mal’akhim and Legion will have to be released into the wild rather than published on the Nexus. But I’m hoping to put Novis Ordo Seclorum up on the Nexus.

Abrahamic pantheons don’t go against anything. Excluding them goes against everything by pretending said belief systems are somehow different and special from all the world’s other belief systems. The Orisha already demonstrate monotheistic pantheons work just fine in the setting.

Leave a comment:

• Trippy
    replied
    This may prove to be unpopular and people may say it goes against everything.....but a Judeo-Christian ‘pantheon’ based on the Angels and Demons, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Cool. I'm still hoping for some southwestern and Inuit material, as well as Mayan, Zulu, and Australian.
    Southwest (Apachean and Puebloan) and Australian are both unlikely as the cultures in question treat their stories as sacred secrets and do do not trust writers from outside their communities.

That said, the Hopi and Zuni have versions they sell tourists, so those could be usable as long as writers from said community were profiting off the book.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-08-2020, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X