Scion 2.0 (Fan Project)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion 2.0 (Fan Project)

Is this project no longer being updated since the official Scion 2nd Edition is being worked on? We've been running a tabletop for a number of months using some of the changes and we've been hoping to see some revisions to the Purviews.

Any information would be appreciated!

Good evening!

Updates on the Scion 2.0 (Fan Project) have been exceptionally slow for a few reasons: 1) We have a ton of great material written up, but we have barely been able to playtest it because I am working 70 hour weeks. 2) John and Anne asked us to take down some of their material a while back, which was a tremendous setback. 3) There was some drama on the forums that caused most of the old posters to leave (I think only Telgar and Ajax hang around these days).

Comment

Originally posted by Iry View Post
      3) There was some drama on the forums that caused most of the old posters to leave (I think only Telgar and Ajax hang around these days).
      That's a shame. It's already difficult to find good rewrites of the Scion system, and yours was amazing. I really hope you get the time and passion to continue and that you can overcome this drama problem.

"And for my next trick" I said, "anvils!"

Comment

Thanks for the update on that! Sorry to hear things have been rough around this project.

Comment

I hope you can finnish this project in the future but I think you already did a great job. I plan to run a game with your rules in a few weeks and I will tell you how it was.

Comment

We have almost every single purview minus PSPs written up in states between 50 and 75% completetion and it's really heavy school hours and irys work that have hindered pushing things on the site. We are still around though and if you have questions about the house rules we'll happily answer.

Comment

Well, I don't think we want to get too pushy..Do it right the first time around, or is it the 2nd time? So if you need more time...? Why is everyone clicking their .38s at me?

Comment

If you want question here I am : I was reading the health purview and the healing hands boon and it just says you heal or deal damage but not how many damages.
                1 success on the roll heal 1 L/B or it's missing something ?

You may also want to correct an error in the stamina knack Unbreakable which pre-requisite is itself.
                Last edited by Astoril; 04-07-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astoril View Post
                  If you want question here I am : I was reading the health purview and the healing hands boon and it just says you heal or deal damage but not how many damages. 1 success on the roll heal 1 L/B or it's missing something ?

You may also want to correct an error in the stamina knack Unbreakable which pre-requisite is itself.
                  Fixed them both! Though Health has some changes in the pipe.

Comment

Thanks for your answer
                    So I GM'ed an One Shot game using Project 2.0 rules and it feels really great (at least at low level legend 3). Rolls were not as long as usual, rules were fast to teach people who never played scion and most of all I could make fighter character in different way than usual.

Though I have a few question about the rules :
                    Have you changed the Tag P ?
                    What about heavy armor giving the same benefit to dodge and soak DV ?
                    Does shield add to defense ?
                    How do you know the skill value for a retainer when he assist you in battle ?
                    Can aura select the people they affect ? (because some aura are never use if they affect more players than ennemy like Death 2 : Mortal Coil)
                    And what the range of aura ?

Anyway thanks for your work I really enjoyed my game thanks to you

Comment

Just saw something:
                      Animal aspect...." You may buy Animal Aspect multiple times, and change between Aspects for 1 Legend as a Miscellaneous action" does that mean that you can only have 1 aspect active at any time?

Other thing: Animal aspect and animal form: Does this only include "normal" animals or also dragons and if dragons are also included what about animal form what type of abilities can be gained from that. "Just" the claws and flight or something else also?

Comment

Originally posted by Astoril View Post
                        Thanks for your answer
                        So I GM'ed an One Shot game using Project 2.0 rules and it feels really great (at least at low level legend 3). Rolls were not as long as usual, rules were fast to teach people who never played scion and most of all I could make fighter character in different way than usual.

Though I have a few question about the rules :
                        Have you changed the Tag P ?
                        What about heavy armor giving the same benefit to dodge and soak DV ?
                        Does shield add to defense ?
                        How do you know the skill value for a retainer when he assist you in battle ?
                        Can aura select the people they affect ? (because some aura are never use if they affect more players than ennemy like Death 2 : Mortal Coil)
                        And what the range of aura ?

Anyway thanks for your work I really enjoyed my game thanks to you
                        Iry can get to the questions I'm not sure on as he's more mechanically inclined but I'll answer what I can!

1) We haven't changed Piercing.
                        3) Yeah (though Iry might have more to say on this)
                        4) Retainers have Dice pools for being Skilled and Unskilled; if the action they perform is using anything but their chosen abilities, then use the Unskilled Dice Pool with a Epic Attribute bonus as if they're a legend below your character.
                        5) No, which is the tactical downside of Auras. I wouldn't rule out the ability to make a relic to selectively choose who auras affect, though.

As for the Animal question: Dragons do count under Animal. We don't see a difference between a mythological animal and a mundane animal. Dragons can give you scales, teeth, flight, claws, and maybe keener senses.

Comment

Interesting answers and thanks for them.
                          For the 4) I was thinking of the "assist" action where you can add your skill dot to another character dice pool. In the case of a retainer it seems weird to give 6 or more dice to another character dice pool when the retainer assist him, especially when the retainer owner is only legend 3. Or should retainer count as extra for this particular action ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu View Post
                            Just saw something:
                            Animal aspect...." You may buy Animal Aspect multiple times, and change between Aspects for 1 Legend as a Miscellaneous action" does that mean that you can only have 1 aspect active at any time?
                            Yes. An Animal Aspect grants a flat +2 bonus to all Attributes of a category (Physical, Mental, or Social). Having two active at once is overkill (and three is right out). Not to mention that those bonuses stack with the ability bonuses of other 3 dot Boons of other Purviews. If you have Animal and War, for example, you can have +2 to Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina from an Animal Aspect, as well as +2 to combat abilities from Warrior Ideal. And these are successes as opposed to dice.

Comment

Hello all,
                              My players and I wanted to know how do you deal with multiples actions, especially when you want to combine boons and attacks? One of my players would like to pull out a blazing bow from the fire and shoot an arrow right away.
                              For what I know, Blazing weapon takes 5 ticks and 4 more ticks to attack (and maybe 5 more ticks to create flames as big as a campfire). Would you make that as multiple actions? If not, what about if we make the Boon action as a reflexive one and shooting an arrow, counting as one action?

We are a little bit frustrated that battles slow down the whole game... thanks for replying ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X