No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any plans to include deities that don't fit into larger pantheons or are part of very, very, small ones? I mean guys like Anansi (He has divine parents, but they were very distant figures that were more like primordials), Barong and Rangda (It's just them in Balinese mythology, right?), Tsul'kalu (The Cherokee didn't have many gods in the traditional sense, I believe), Ai Apaec (I think. He's the only Mochica deity I could find any reference too.), and so on and so forth?

Comment

• Just occurred to me, since origins will have pre-visitation scions as one of the types of characters you "officially" can have, can other player types make the leap to that next stage of being a full blown hero? Would they technically, either lore or mechanicwise, still be a kitsune/valkyrie/sorcerer/whathaveyou. Or is this going to be houserule territory?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
        Yes, and Origins has a fourth cover to match.
        Too bad. The new cover is very nice. I was hoping for other covers just so you can tell which are the 1st editions and which are the 2nd. Moreover, it will be like a renewal.

Comment

• Moreover, they used Eric, Brigitte and Aaron as covers because they were protagonists in the 1st edition books. If you guys decided to keep them, does that mean they are still free to play characters?

Comment

• i really want to know more about the scions different type of origins...

Please... spoil us something about the construct one. I want to deeply know how bad would be a character made out of SeaSalt

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
              How will members of pantheons who don't really fit the pantheons virtues work? Like for instance Hermes, as he doesn't really fit Egotism or Storge to a large degree (he has a little bit of both, but not to the same level as other Theoi)
              Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
              ​I believe such gods are prone to having the Liminal Calling...
              True, and the 2 best examples i can think of off the top of my head are Hermes and Dionysus, who both atleast should have the Liminal Calling

(bonus question; why doesn't Dionysus have the Liminal Calling?)

Comment

True, and the 2 best examples i can think of off the top of my head are Hermes and Dionysus, who both atleast should have the Liminal Calling

(bonus question; why doesn't Dionysus have the Liminal Calling?)
                Maybe because he doesn't try to not draw attention to the fact he's an outsider the way Liminal's do?

Comment

• Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
                  Maybe because he doesn't try to not draw attention to the fact he's an outsider the way Liminal's do?
                  I was more talking about his duality of the fine line of wisdom and excess, and the fact that he is also the god of the foreign, and i don't think hiding being an outsider changes it (Loki is a Liminal for the record)

also extra bonus question because i want Neall to die of question overflow, (I'm kidding and sorry), what is the requirements to fall under Passion? can you have Passion(Boredom) or Passion(Introspection) or Passion(Dread)?

Comment

I was more talking about his duality of the fine line of wisdom and excess, and the fact that he is also the god of the foreign, and i don't think hiding being an outsider changes it (Loki is a Liminal for the record)

also extra bonus question because i want Neall to die of question overflow, (I'm kidding and sorry), what is the requirements to fall under Passion? can you have Passion(Boredom) or Passion(Introspection) or Passion(Dread)?
                    Well I recall it being mentioned that a lot of the knacks are about blending into a population. If he doesn't care then it wouldn't matter much, though Leader seems even more odd I'll admit. Sage seems to cover the fine line between wisdom and excess.

Comment

• In an effort to see my questions answered directly, I shall now invoke one of the sacred techniques handed down from comicbook Editor's Pages; (remember when those were a thing?) NUMBERED QUESTIONS!

​1. Will the Arthurian Mythos be part of any future supplement? Welsh, maybe?
                      ​2. Will it be possible to play a Chosen that's a champion of a whole Pantheon? (Think Shazam.)
                      ​3. What Pantheon does Anansi belong to?
                      ​4. I've been watching a LOT of Sleepy Hollow lately; what kind of creature would the Headless Horseman be?

Comment

• How do the non-combat mechanics stack up? Is the balance still going to be skewed towards combat oriented characters?

Are the mechanics for scions who fight along side the titans going to be similar to 1ed?

Comment

• EDIT: Someone already asked this, nevermind.
                          Last edited by Crying; 03-31-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
                            ​1. Will the Arthurian Mythos be part of any future supplement? Welsh, maybe?
                            Neall's said he'd like to do a Demigod-era book on Arthurian myth, including the Welsh pantheon.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by racain23 View Post
                              How do the non-combat mechanics stack up? Is the balance still going to be skewed towards combat oriented characters?
                              It's tilted towards them, but we have full Intrigue and Investigation subsystems.

Are the mechanics for scions who fight along side the titans going to be similar to 1ed?
                              Your Virtues will change, yes.

Neall Raemonn Price
                              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
                                Are there any plans to include deities that don't fit into larger pantheons or are part of very, very, small ones? I mean guys like Anansi (He has divine parents, but they were very distant figures that were more like primordials), Barong and Rangda (It's just them in Balinese mythology, right?), Tsul'kalu (The Cherokee didn't have many gods in the traditional sense, I believe), Ai Apaec (I think. He's the only Mochica deity I could find any reference too.), and so on and so forth?
                                Yes, you can be a Scion or God without a pantheon, or with a very distant relationship to another pantheon. Anansi is a big one, but we have a few in our tutelary Gods section in the Companion.

Neall Raemonn Price
                                Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X