Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Neall's said he'd like to do a Demigod-era book on Arthurian myth, including the Welsh pantheon.
    The Plant Don have already gotten named dropped in passing in some of the preview text we've seen. Remains to be seen HOW interrelated with the Tuatha they will be (is Gwyn ap Nudd the son of Nuada? Are Danu and Don the same Primordial with different tribes of children?)

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Fatebinding is now an intentional act. But is it intentional on the character level, or the player level?

Comment

• Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
        Fatebinding is now an intentional act. But is it intentional on the character level, or the player level?
        Player, usually.

Neall Raemonn Price
        Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Is this change to Fatebinding purely mechanical, or does it reflect how things work in-universe? I remember previously Fatebinding was a big part of why the gods prefer not to act directly.

Comment

• We have a general idea of how hard it is to make or repair a Relic, but what does it take to destroy one?

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
            [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
            [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
              We have a general idea of how hard it is to make or repair a Relic, but what does it take to destroy one?
              Maybe it's not meant to be possible. Relics represent symbols attached to the Gods. It's a sort of manifestation of what they are. As they exist because mortals make them exist, Relics may work in the same way. As long as they are not supposed to, it's not happening. I just a teaser of Thor 3: Ragnarok and his Mjollnir was smashed into pieces... even the mightest won't be able to do that.

To put it simply, I don't think that's how mythology has ever worked. So, there's no need to have a clear way to destroy them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post

The Percy Jackson books are a series I have a love/hate relationship with, conceptually the world the characters live in is really cool and I would even say even on par with some of the best children's fantasy out there, but the series really talks down to its readers, the plots are transparent to the degree that more often than not you know exactly what is going to happen next in every scene.

Will we see any younger Scions in the new edition? I'm trying to think if there have been any before but I am coming up blank. Scion highschool or summer camp could be pretty fun.
                In Riordan's first series I have to agree with you but the later work are much better try the Kane cycle Great book series and you got to think these are youth books not adult Scifi. like any author worth reading he is getting better as he gets more seasoned.

Comment

• Okay I have not read the whole thread. That stated are we going see a magic purview like before or has it been scraped?

Comment

• Originally posted by tytalan View Post
                    Okay I have not read the whole thread. That stated are we going see a magic purview like before or has it been scraped?
                    There's no generic Magic purview. Pantheon-specific purviews now cover various types of magic appropriate to each culture.

Comment

Okay I have not read the whole thread. That stated are we going see a magic purview like before or has it been scraped?
                      Originally posted by DSPaul View Post
                      There's no generic Magic purview. Pantheon-specific purviews now cover various types of magic appropriate to each culture.
                      If you mean Magic in the sense of Fate Manipulation, on the other hand, then that's under the new Fortune Purview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickedgrail View Post
                        Maybe it's not meant to be possible. Relics represent symbols attached to the Gods. It's a sort of manifestation of what they are. As they exist because mortals make them exist, Relics may work in the same way. As long as they are not supposed to, it's not happening. I just a teaser of Thor 3: Ragnarok and his Mjollnir was smashed into pieces... even the mightest won't be able to do that.

To put it simply, I don't think that's how mythology has ever worked. So, there's no need to have a clear way to destroy them.
                        That would depend on the legend wouldn't it? Excalibur broke when it was used against Lancelot for example. Sure Arthur wasn't a god but the lady of the lake would at least be a demi-god by scion reckoning. It would likely be something very difficult granted, getting Hephastus himself to break it, or else doing something completely against the nature of the relic for example, maybe dipping a Demeter gifted fertility boon in the river Styx, using a weapon granted by a guardian deity to kill toddlers, that sort of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

It's not purchased with XP, but it's fulfilled by hitting story milestones and (very loosely) tied to XP expenditures. Fate is both a game mechanic and an in-universe thing, but Legend is representative of a thing in the setting - i.e. nobody crushes their scouter and goes HE'S OVER LEGEND 9!!!!!!!
                          Neall,could you give some examples of story milestones that raise legends?

Comment

• Originally posted by DSPaul View Post
                            So how do you handle goddesses like Isis the goddess of magic?

Comment

So how do you handle goddesses like Isis the goddess of magic?
                              Isis is probably likely exceptionally good with the Egyptian Pantheon Specific Purview in that case. The Kickstarter preview of the Netjer talked about their PsP involving interaction with the various parts of the Egyptian soul, which is probably in reference to the traditional Egyptian 'Magic system' that can be called Heku.

Different Pantheons have different ideas of what 'Magic' is, like, Isis and Odin might be awesome at 'Magic,' but what is 'Magic' to Odin and Isis is entirely different. It's like how a God or Goddess of 'Law' from the Tuatha would be entirely different in what 'Law' is compared to a God or Goddess of 'Law' from the Shen. Occasionally 'Magic' is just a normal Purview though, like, for the Tuatha being a 'Magician' can be almost anything, one example was being able to call forth the mountains, and forests of Ireland to march into battle, which would probably be using Earth, Fertility, or War.
                              Last edited by Watcher; 04-16-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• The Sage Calling also has a good bit to do with magical expertise, doesn't it? Isis has it.

‚ÄčOh! And the preview mentioned that Isis' power may have a lot to do with the fact that she knows Ra's true name.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                                Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Working...
                                X