Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    Apollo was known to help his children,Demeter too.
    Ares for all his other faults did mourn his son's death in the Trojan war and killed a son of Poseidon after he raped his daughter, going so far as making that spot the Areopagus.

Also, for all the shit going on with his sons, Zeus seems to treat his daughters relatively quite well (minus the whole helped Hades kidnap Persephone against her will depending on the version of the myth you're going with thing).

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post

Ares for all his other faults did mourn his son's death in the Trojan war and killed a son of Poseidon after he raped his daughter, going so far as making that spot the Areopagus.

Also, for all the shit going on with his sons, Zeus seems to treat his daughters relatively quite well (minus the whole helped Hades kidnap Persephone against her will depending on the version of the myth you're going with thing).
      When you think about it,Zeus would probably want his children to like him,since then they wouldn't want to overthrow him

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        When you think about it,Zeus would probably want his children to like him,since then they wouldn't want to overthrow him
        ​That would be the logical way of it, but he's not exactly nice to them. I think he once called Ares "the least of [Zeus's] sons" to his face. Logic is nothing before the ultimate divine ego.

​Unrelated, but if you're an exceptionally skilled, highly-trained mortal with no particular heritage, what are your options for moving up in the world? Are you doomed to insignificance, or are there ways to rise above?
        Last edited by CreepyShutIn; 05-12-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CreepyShutIn View Post
          ​Unrelated, but if you're an exceptionally skilled, highly-trained mortal with no particular heritage, what are your options for moving up in the world? Are you doomed to insignificance, or are there ways to rise above?
          Become Batman.

Comment

• When do you think we'll see another update? I'm still curious about that Netjer rewrite we were told to watch out for.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by CreepyShutIn View Post
              Become a sorcerer. If Baba Yaga can gain power rivalling the gods, so can you.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                When do you think we'll see another update? I'm still curious about that Netjer rewrite we were told to watch out for.

just give us something.

Comment

When do you think we'll see another update? I'm still curious about that Netjer rewrite we were told to watch out for.
                  me too,i'm a big fan of Re

Comment

Netjer need a little more fine-tuning. I should have the update ready to go by the end of the weekend, but it won't be the Netjer - we'll be talking about Deeds and showing off some characters and builds.

Neall Raemonn Price
                    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Become a sorcerer. If Baba Yaga can gain power rivalling the gods, so can you.
                      I'm not sure Baba Yaga was ever really Mortal...

But yah Doaist Immortals, and Buddhist Arhats rose up from the bottom to the top.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                        But yah Doaist Immortals, and Buddhist Arhats rose up from the bottom to the top.
                        Here's what we were last told about mortal options, keeping in mind they're subject to change.

Sorcerers range in capability from Rincewind to Baba Yaga; Neall hopes he can let sorcerers scale.
                        Saints sort of ignore scaling. (Neall's noted they have an odd relationship with gods - Vishnu once got taken out by a rsi, for example.)
                        Oracles & prophets can do things gods technically can't.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Saints sort of ignore scaling. (Neall's noted they have an odd relationship with gods - Vishnu once got taken out by a rsi, for example.)
                          Technically every single major Hindu God has had his clock cleaned by a Rishi or Rishika at some point... it's practically a rite of passage. I always thought it was a culturally Hindu thing, so I'm honestly curious... does that sort of thing happen in other mythologies as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post

Technically every single major Hindu God has had his clock cleaned by a Rishi or Rishika at some point... it's practically a rite of passage. I always thought it was a culturally Hindu thing, so I'm honestly curious... does that sort of thing happen in other mythologies as well?
                            Gods getting beaten by fully mortal people? Oh yes.

Diomedes somehow managed to wound Ares in battle.

Sisyphus was somehow able to capture Thanatos and hold him captive, thus preventing Death from happening anywhere in Greece.

The Irish myth cycle ends with a bunch of mortals pretty much slaughtering the entire Tuatha de Dannan.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                            Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• Originally posted by unnatural1 View Post

Gods getting beaten by fully mortal people? Oh yes.

Diomedes somehow managed to wound Ares in battle.

Sisyphus was somehow able to capture Thanatos and hold him captive, thus preventing Death from happening anywhere in Greece.

The Irish myth cycle ends with a bunch of mortals pretty much slaughtering the entire Tuatha de Dannan.
                              The question is,will scion gives mechanics for that?

Comment

• A mortal kicks Shàngó's ass towards the end of his reign as king of Òyó.

The Monkey King spends the entire Journey to the West following a mortal's orders.

Currently Writing Scion and Geist for Onyx Path, and many other things for other publishers
                                Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

Working...
                                X