Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lula View Post
    A mortal kicks Shàngó's ass towards the end of his reign as king of Òyó.

The Monkey King spends the entire Journey to the West following a mortal's orders.
    I know who Sony master is,but who is the 9ne to beat a thunder God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      The question is,will scion gives mechanics for that?
      The Scale system seems to be made with "outdoing a god is hard as heck but possible" in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        I know who Sony master is,but who is the 9ne to beat a thunder God?
        A guy named Gbonka who used to work for him, until Shàngó got paranoid and forced him to murder his own best friend.

Currently Developing you know I should probably stop updating this field, I keep accidentally announcing things early
        Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

A guy named Gbonka who used to work for him, until Shàngó got paranoid and forced him to murder his own best friend.
          Thank you! I'll Google him

Comment

• Neall hi, really happy to see that one of these exist in this forum to. Usually a poster to the exalted forums, and that is the game i mainly play, however i have played scion once or twice and saw that you are creating a canaan pantheon which i'm super interested in since that's the part of the world that i'm from, and i was wondering what gods you are planning on including in the pantheon, specifically are you including the god kothar and if you are will you be including any alusions to the possible conection between the god kothar from canaanite myth with the figure of al-khadir that apears in more recent arab folk history?

Comment

A mortal kicks Shàngó's ass towards the end of his reign as king of Òyó.

The Monkey King spends the entire Journey to the West following a mortal's orders.
              ​I'm not so sure Tripitaka qualifies as purely mortal. He's a massively enlightened Buddhist priest who demonstrates some magical powers of his own in the story. If I also recall correctly, he's the reincarnation of a god.

​Even if not? He was only able to command Sun Wukong because he was wearing a magical artifact crafted by a god. Take that away, and Sun Wukong would've never done anything he wanted.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
              Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• Originally posted by unnatural1 View Post

​I'm not so sure Tripitaka qualifies as purely mortal. He's a massively enlightened Buddhist priest who demonstrates some magical powers of his own in the story. If I also recall correctly, he's the reincarnation of a god.

​Even if not? He was only able to command Sun Wukong because he was wearing a magical artifact crafted by a god. Take that away, and Sun Wukong would've never done anything he wanted.
                In that sense I'd say he fits the model Samudra described.

Currently Developing you know I should probably stop updating this field, I keep accidentally announcing things early
                Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

In that sense I'd say he fits the model Samudra described.
                  Yeah, if you're disallowing enlightened mortals/priests, then that kinda gets rid of all Rishis and Rishikas. Though I do agree that Tripitaka had direct divine help from Guan Yin, so it's not exactly the same situation as the Rishis. While we're at it, didn't Diomedes have help from Athena? Or was that only divine sight?

Comment

• I'm wondering how well the system will support having pc's of differing power levels in the same group?

I've been thinking a west marches esque drop in drop out style game might work well for a campaign centered around forming a new pantheon, that way you get more than 4-5 characters in said pantheon without the majority being npcs. Except I wouldn't want to have to start new characters at higher "levels" to keep up with old ones, since that sort of defeats the whole point of trying to maximize how many characters get to play more of their legends "on screen" rather than written as backstory.

Also I kind of like the idea of playing a sort of sidekick lesser mythical creature (or even mortal) that starts at a similar level to the rest of the party but gets outstripped as they progress. Like playing Jason amidst the Argonauts.

Comment

It's possible as he "worked for Shango" he was a Chosen Scion.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• We haven't had a backer update for a while, how far off is release? Not worried about specifics, just wondering if we're talking weeks or months?

Comment

• I was just reading the Monday notes and noticed that Origins is listed twice. So is it still in the second draft or is it in art direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickayelm View Post
                            I was just reading the Monday notes and noticed that Origins is listed twice. So is it still in the second draft or is it in art direction.
                            It's entirely possible it's both. Second draft/development is about when a book starts entering art direction.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• How doable would a Scion of the Norns be?

Comment

• Fairly. You Just have to figure out their Purviews and Callings.

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

Working...
                                X