Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solana View Post
    I'm also sad Lex is gone, as Egyptian stuff was kind of her specialty, so I was looking forward to hearing her point of view.
    Lex weighed in on the Kickstarter page itself. She said, and I quote, "I adore the Netjer rewrite, and will say more at length once I can get back on the forum"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Lex weighed in on the Kickstarter page itself. She said, and I quote, "I adore the Netjer rewrite, and will say more at length once I can get back on the forum"
      ​That's good to hear. I'm glad her ban isn't permanent and that she's happy with the changes as well. Looking forward to hearing her thoughts more in-depth later.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
      Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• What's an Approach and why would you favour one over the others?

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
          What's an Approach and why would you favour one over the others?
          From the rules preview way back during the kickstarter campaign it seems to be a focus on the Action, Investigation, or Social scene types, probably reflective of your character's main "thing" as far as Tabletop characters can be considered skill monkeys, faces, or combat monsters. We don't have the full details yet though from what I recall. If I had to guess it would be some sort of difficulty decrease or die bonus when say, Eric Donner attempts to shoot a Giant in the face, Donnie Rhodes tries to bluff his way past a cyclops bouncer, or Aaron Tigrillo starts researching a cure for titanspawned poisons.

I love the idea of Deeds both the idea that trying out your new power or having a chat with your mentor can be set as a specific goal, and story arcs being that important, and that they found a way to keep the old school Virtues in the game in a fashion.

Comment

• The latest preview mentions a Wild purview...has that beem added to the list or held back for release with a later book?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
              The latest preview mentions a Wild purview...has that beem added to the list or held back for release with a later book?
              It was mentioned in the Orisha preview. For Gods with associations with the untamed wilderness. It can do things like cause wild growth and make domesticated animals not-so-domesticated.
              Last edited by Kyman201; 08-04-2017, 03:50 PM. Reason: Changing some autocorrect from my phone

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Will the origins PDF go out as soon as it is ready or will you be holding it back to release simultaneously with Hero?

Comment

• Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
                  Will the origins PDF go out as soon as it is ready or will you be holding it back to release simultaneously with Hero?
                  unless things have changed i believe it was being simultaneously released

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkfoxdev View Post

unless things have changed i believe it was being simultaneously released
                    Yes, I was just wondering if things had changed due to the delay.

I'm impatient gosh darnit.

Comment

• Wanted to double check on this before getting my hopes up, as I can't remember if we got a clear answer on it before.

I think it was mentioned previously that the fundamental difference between Gods and Titans is that the former actually values humanity, while the later is concerned only with their own selfish desires

So does that mean it's possible for a Scion to become a Titan over the course of their adventures?

Because I'd like to use that in a villain's chronicle at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                        Wanted to double check on this before getting my hopes up, as I can't remember if we got a clear answer on it before.

I think it was mentioned previously that the fundamental difference between Gods and Titans is that the former actually values humanity, while the later is concerned only with their own selfish desires

So does that mean it's possible for a Scion to become a Titan over the course of their adventures?

Because I'd like to use that in a villain's chronicle at some point.
                        Apparently a certain evil kung fu sorcerer is a former scion who is now a Titan, so it is surely possible, though there were clearly shenanigans involved in White Eyebrow's case
                        Last edited by danelsan; 08-04-2017, 08:48 PM.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• The impression I'm getting is that the Titan "state of being" (i.e. dominated by a purview, less fatebound to humanity, upholding Titan virtues, and possibly lacking Callings [that's not clear yet]) is older than the God "state of being", but it's still possible for new Titans to rise and Gods to be consumed by one of their purviews to become Titans.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by danelsan View Post

Apparently a certain evil kung fu sorcerer is a former scion who is now a Titan, so it is surely possible, though there were clearly shenanigans involved in White Eyebrow's case

You mean this guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

You mean this guy?

I meant this one:

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• So we've heard a bunch of stuff about the established gods, but following from the character creation preview I'd be curious to hear more about making new ones - any chance of more information about geneses or callings soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X