No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any more new Purviews besides Beauty and Wild?

Comment

• What is the status of those purely Italian deities who were never conflated with Theoi? Janus is the most obvious example. Are they part of the Theoi as a conquered people? Do Janus' scions favor Egotism and Storge as their Virtues, and Metamorphosis as the PSP? Does Janus hang out on Olympus now, or are there some remains of a Sabine Overworld?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        What is the status of those purely Italian deities who were never conflated with Theoi? Janus is the most obvious example. Are they part of the Theoi as a conquered people? Do Janus' scions favor Egotism and Storge as their Virtues, and Metamorphosis as the PSP? Does Janus hang out on Olympus now, or are there some remains of a Sabine Overworld?
        Neall's mentioned the Theoi having Roman and Etruscan sub-pantheons. They're less good at Metamorphosis than the main Theoi, but still pretty good.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Is Wadjet still a godess? Listing her as a follower implies that she might be something else.

Comment

• Neall, may I ask what is being done about the removal of the Prophecy Purview? Will gods such as the Morrigan and Apollo require the Prophet Path?
            Last edited by Manannansun; 08-12-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Will the Lover calling cover Familial and Platonic forms of love or purely romantic/sexual? If my Scion is extremely loving of friends and family, but totally Asexual would that calling be inappropriate? If so what would be the better choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
                Will the Lover calling cover Familial and Platonic forms of love or purely romantic/sexual? If my Scion is extremely loving of friends and family, but totally Asexual would that calling be inappropriate? If so what would be the better choice?
                It's all about interpersonal relationships, so ace is covered.

Neall Raemonn Price
                Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Manannansun View Post
                  Neall, may I ask what is being done about the removal of the Prophecy Purview? Will gods such as the Morrigan and Apollo require the Prophet Path?
                  They don't. Direct Prophecy isn't really the domain of the Gods; note that those two often tended to give the gift of prophecy to others, who then have the prophet path. Scions are ineligible for those Paths themselves. You can take Followers who have it, however.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by Manannansun View Post
                    Neall, may I ask what is being done about the removal of the Prophecy Purview? Will gods such as the Morrigan and Apollo require the Prophet Path?
                    They don't. Direct Prophecy isn't really the domain of the Gods; note that those two often tended to give the gift of prophecy to others, who then have the prophet path. Scions are ineligible for those Paths themselves. You can take Followers who have it, however.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

Speaking of followers,can supernatural beings like Fair Folk and Therianthropes scale up to hero or maybe demigod level?

Comment

• Huh. I wonder how that goes with the preview we just got that says Bast has the gift of prophecy herself, and the visions drain her and drive her to drink, thus being pretty important in the whole Bast/Sekhmet setup. It also explicitly says that her scions sometimes get a much less debilitating version of her prophetical ability. How is that mechanically represented if they can't have that Path?

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Well, there goes my Scion of Apollo granted visions by Python's vengeful spirit.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Ehhh, I spoke too soon. Sorry, you can have those Paths, you were ineligible in earlier drafts. We changed it for just that reason. Sorry, folks, it's crunch time for me to get this done and I'm trying to keep a lot of it in my head!

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

It's all about interpersonal relationships, so ace is covered.
                              Awesome, Thanks for answering. Means I can rebuild Scion of Sif that was a patron of family loyalty after she hit Goddess. Always felt 1e didn't let me do the concept justice.

Comment

• If you're taking requests, could we get a preview of what Geneses mechanically do?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X