No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neall, can you tell us the Kami's Virtues?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Quantum View Post
      Neall, can you tell us the Kami's Virtues?
      I can't find the post anywhere now, but I could have sworn they were mentioned as being Sincerity and Right Action somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        If you're taking requests, could we get a preview of what Geneses mechanically do?
        Semi-Related - Can you officially say if the Incarnation genesis will be in Hero? I remember you were considering since the Gaul pantheon milestone was reached, but I don't recall if you officially said it.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post

I can't find the post anywhere now, but I could have sworn they were mentioned as being Sincerity and Right Action somewhere.
          Isn't that from the Netjer preview? Sincerity and Right Action are mentioned in the last paragraph of Re's entry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Quantum View Post

Isn't that from the Netjer preview? Sincerity and Right Action are mentioned in the last paragraph of Re's entry.
            It does get mentioned there, yes, but the actual Netjer Virtues are Balance and Justice... also I'm pretty sure I remember this from before... but like I said, I can't find the post, and we have had the least amount of info on the Kami out of all the Pantheons, so I could totally be misremembering something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Semi-Related - Can you officially say if the Incarnation genesis will be in Hero? I remember you were considering since the Gaul pantheon milestone was reached, but I don't recall if you officially said it.
              The last I remember was that Incarnates might be in the Companion with them.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                It does get mentioned there, yes, but the actual Netjer Virtues are Balance and Justice... also I'm pretty sure I remember this from before... but like I said, I can't find the post, and we have had the least amount of info on the Kami out of all the Pantheons, so I could totally be misremembering something.
                I just did a little searching with google and I think you're right about the Kami's Virtues. Sincerity (makoto) and Right Action (rei) are listed as part of the Seven Principles of Bushido (Right Action here meaning respect/courtesy). Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Am I right that the Teotl are the only corebook pantheon whose Virtues we don't know?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                    Am I right that the Teotl are the only corebook pantheon whose Virtues we don't know?
                    The Teotl Virtues are Hunger and Sacrifice, if I remember correctly, which means we know all ten sets of Virtues:

Aesir : Audacity vs. Fatalism
                    Deva : Conscience vs. Duty
                    Kami : Right Action vs. Sincerity
                    Manitou : Pride vs. Purpose
                    Netjer : Balance vs. Justice
                    Orisha : Tradition vs. Innovation
                    Shen : Yang vs. Yin
                    Teotl : Hunger vs. Sacrifice
                    Theoi : Egotism vs. Kinship
                    Tuatha : Honor vs. Prowess

Unless something changed/I'm remembering something wrong.
                    Last edited by Samudra; 08-14-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• If a changeling child were left in place of a human who qualified for scionhood through one of the origins, does that mean that they could potentially become a divinity eventually?

Comment

• Is Cybele/Magna Mater anywhere in the line, possibly as a relative newcomer to the Theoi?

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• (taking Cybele commentary to other thread)
                          Last edited by glamourweaver; 08-15-2017, 09:08 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• How much leeway would a Scion of the Tuatha have when it comes to thinking up or employing geas, either on themselves or on others? If that's even still how it works?

For example, could a Scion deliberately get geas placed on himself or place one on himself with loopholes or caveeats in it, both to protect himself from a more severe one and to prevent him from being trapped in the situation that led to Cu Chulainn's downfall?

I'm an aspergic individual. This means that I can't imagine how others will react to situations. This has led to me accidentally offending someone, and has also led to me being less clear in statements than I thought I was. I'd like to apologize, and ask that others don't get mad, but just ask me to reword or clarify. Thank you

Comment

• Given that the idea of a geas seems to be to make someone's life more challenging, to show that the geased individual can overcome even with these extra burdens placed on them, I'd imagine that loopholes where you can slip or shirk the geas/geasa on themselves would be counter to the point of it all. Unfortunately sometimes you end up being trapped, when you have too many of them on you. Especially when they contradict. That's part of the challenge.

Comment

• Are we going to see a preview including knacks from all Callings? In addition how many levels does a Calling tree have?

Comment

Working...
                                X