Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    Can you elaborate on the volcanic geyser thing?
    During the kidnapping of the Sabine women by Romulus’ forces, Janus is attributed with the eruption of a boiling geyser that buried the pursuing forces of King Tatius.

If we assume that in the World, the Latins were a distinctly Theoi worshipping people having brought their religion with them from the fall of Troy led by Aeneas (not true in reality, but that’s what their own myths say was the case), making Janus different from the other major Roman gods because he was an indigenous Sabine god rather than a Mantle of one of the Theoi, or a Roman-born Scion of the Theoi, then as a Sabine god he betrayed his people to the victorious Romans securing his place in the new order.

He’s nothing if not two-faced.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

During the kidnapping of the Sabine women by Romulus’ forces, Janus is attributed with the eruption of a boiling geyser that buried the pursuing forces of King Tatius.

If we assume that in the World, the Latins were a distinctly Theoi worshipping people having brought their religion with them from the fall of Troy led by Aeneas (not true in reality, but that’s what their own myths say was the case), making Janus different from the other major Roman gods because he was an indigenous Sabine god rather than a Mantle of one of the Theoi, or a Roman-born Scion of the Theoi, then as a Sabine god he betrayed his people to the victorious Romans securing his place in the new order.

Janus: "Hey, it's like I always say - out with the old, in with the new!"
      Last edited by Prometheus878; 10-22-2017, 12:38 AM.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Thanks,and a+ punage

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

Janus: "Hey, it's like I always say - out with the old, in with the new!"

That is pretty much exactly how I imagine him justifying the move. It was time for the Sabine age to end, and the Roman age to begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
            ... Okay, I SWEAR this happened...

I remember there was a live IRC Q&A session back during the Kickstarter. I remember being there.

I vaguely recall that there was a collection of the questions and answers that was posted on this forum but I can't seem to find it.

But I swear to all the Gods that when there, I asked a question about the Nemetondevos PSP.

​Ugh... Neall - Do you remember this? Do you feel like answering what the Nemetondevos PSP is?
            Here we go. IRC session for RPG.net.

Turns out the Nemetondevos PSP is about drawing power from the land and shrines.

(I had a vague memory of that nagging at me when I wrote my earlier replies, but it wasn't on the wiki.)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/qa-neall-raemonn-price-scion-2e/"]Here we go.[/URL] IRC session for RPG.net.

Turns out the Nemetondevos PSP is about drawing power from the land and shrines.

(I had a vague memory of that nagging at me when I wrote my earlier replies, but it wasn't on the wiki.)
              Thank you!

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Neall,i've got two pantheon questions
                1)Is Kvasir a god in this edition? he wanst in the first one
                2)Is the next patheon preview gonna be the Manitou?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                  Neall,i've got two pantheon questions
                  1)Is Kvasir a god in this edition? he wanst in the first one
                  2)Is the next patheon preview gonna be the Manitou?
                  1) he'a not a core god.
                  2) yep!

Neall Raemonn Price
                  Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• As Kvasir has an important myth where he dies (the origin story of the Mead of Poetry), but he's also present when the gods are hunting down Loki to bind, which Scion takes as prophesy rather than past events - he strikes me as a strong case for a dead god to play an Incarnate of.

Alternatively, he could exist as a Mantle available to any Aesir via drinking the Mead of Poetry (a finite resource).

Comment

• Is this list of 27 (non-Pantheon-Specific) purviews accurate as to what's in Hero?

Artistry (-)
                      Beasts (-)
                      Beauty
                      Chaos
                      Darkness
                      Death
                      Deception
                      Earth
                      Epic Dexterity
                      Epic Stamina
                      Epic Strength
                      Fertility
                      Fire
                      Forge
                      Fortune
                      Health
                      Journeys
                      Moon
                      Order
                      Passion (-)
                      Prosperity
                      Sky
                      Stars
                      Sun
                      War
                      Water
                      Wild

[and then Frost in the Companion will bring the count to 28]

Comment

• Can we please see a preview of the Geneses soon? Also, did you settle on whether the Incarnate Genesis will be in the Companion or not?

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Here we go. IRC session for RPG.net.

I'd completely forgotten my ask about a Romance Mode of play and now I'm disgustingly excited for it. Here's hoping that actually happens.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

1) he'a not a core god.
                            2) yep!
                            Thank you Neall

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                              Can we please see a preview of the Geneses soon? Also, did you settle on whether the Incarnate Genesis will be in the Companion or not?
                              Yes, it will be in there. After a lot of consideration it won't take much more to do than the SG plotting out some advancement story arcs ahead of time.

Neall Raemonn Price
                              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

Yes, it will be in there. After a lot of consideration it won't take much more to do than the SG plotting out some advancement story arcs ahead of time.
                                Oh, happy day!

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

Working...
                                X