Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can having died and been resurrected by a God a viable Chosen-Visitation?


    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

    Comment


    • Will the Kami write-up include Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
        What are some of your favorite cross pantheon friendships and rivalries that you guys put into the books?
        Òshun and Lakshmi are my personal favorite. I also imagine the Thunder Bros (Shàngó, Thor, Indra, Susanoo, etc.) have some kind of vaguely homoerotic rivalry.


        Currently Developing you know I should probably stop updating this field, I keep accidentally announcing things early
        Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lula View Post
          I also imagine the Thunder Bros (Shàngó, Thor, Indra, Susanoo, etc.) have some kind of vaguely homoerotic rivalry.
          Only vaguely?


          Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

          Comment


          • Can someone give a minimum time for when when scipn will be ready, its getting really disheartening checking the monday meeting notes each week and not seeing any movement?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lula View Post
              Òshun and Lakshmi are my personal favorite. I also imagine the Thunder Bros (Shàngó, Thor, Indra, Susanoo, etc.) have some kind of vaguely homoerotic rivalry.
              *shirtlessly wrestles my rival to the floor of the heavens but, like, in a totally heterosexual way*


              But sexually.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by racain23 View Post
                Can someone give a minimum time for when when scipn will be ready, its getting really disheartening checking the monday meeting notes each week and not seeing any movement?
                They stopped making estimates on when things would be released after finding it didn't work out (unexpected delays in production and the like).


                Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by marin View Post

                  They stopped making estimates on when things would be released after finding it didn't work out (unexpected delays in production and the like).
                  I can understand that, but I only want a minimum. As in "Don't bother scrolling through the development list until at least ....." I completely understand that things could blow out months from there, but with no idea how long the process takes my anticipation has been building since the kickstarter finished.

                  Comment


                  • Onyx Path: “at a minimum, it won't advance to the next stage for another month.”
                    Fans: “hey, did you hear? It's gonna be ready next month!”


                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by racain23 View Post
                      I can understand that, but I only want a minimum. As in "Don't bother scrolling through the development list until at least ....." I completely understand that things could blow out months from there, but with no idea how long the process takes my anticipation has been building since the kickstarter finished.
                      The stages Origin and Hero are at, Development and Art Direction, are variable to say the least, especially since the two of them're corebooks, and so longer than standard books. Given Hero's yet to enter Art Direction, it'll be another few months at least, certainly not this year.

                      So... yeah, I get the excitement, and what I'd suggest is to be careful with it, pace it out, not let it curdle or fester into resentment. Enjoy other things while you're waiting.


                      Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                      Comment


                      • I admit it's be nice to hear more from Neall. Sometimes it seems like he comments more on the Exalted forums than he does here nowadays.


                        Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

                        Comment


                        • I think that might be because Exalted plain has more coming out in the immediate future, so there's less to be cagey about? Isn't tomorrow the big Arms of the Chosen release date? Here at this point we know what's coming but the actual text is all that's left and he can't just dump that here en masse even as it is being finalized.

                          Also yeah, OPP is notorious for delays and they learned that releasing due dates that will get revised time and again was just going to burn the fans. I always mentally add six months to a Kickstarter projected date, and when Scion got a huge core system revision in the middle of that period due to work from the Trinity guys I reset the timer. Fingers crossed for late spring/early summer from me.
                          Last edited by Alpharius; 11-14-2017, 07:36 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Well yes, I understand and I'm sure he's busy. Just, a small part of me just sighs, y'know?


                            Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by marin View Post

                              The stages Origin and Hero are at, Development and Art Direction, are variable to say the least, especially since the two of them're corebooks, and so longer than standard books. Given Hero's yet to enter Art Direction, it'll be another few months at least, certainly not this year.

                              So... yeah, I get the excitement, and what I'd suggest is to be careful with it, pace it out, not let it curdle or fester into resentment. Enjoy other things while you're waiting.
                              That is exactly what I wanted. I can now find something to distract myself with in the mean time. Thank you.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                                I admit it's be nice to hear more from Neall. Sometimes it seems like he comments more on the Exalted forums than he does here nowadays.
                                Not true! I hear all and see all.

                                I'm talking with some ways to get the core text out a little bit faster than the normal process allows with art direction and a few avenues we can take, and I'm putting the last touches on Hero text this week.


                                Neall Raemonn Price
                                Beleaguered Scion Developer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X