Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Not Quite Yoda View Post
    When encountering your divine parent wearing a different mantle to the one they used to sire you, are you still recognised as their child? Or is the relationship different from one mantle to the next?
    Or could you be sired by one mantle but have your visitation be in the form of another? Like a child of Mars meeting Ares at their visitation or vice versa

Comment

• How easy would it be to have a diverse party of scions all with the same divine parentage?

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

• Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
        How easy would it be to have a diverse party of scions all with the same divine parentage?
        You are a little constrained by your parent (and pantheon, via Pantheon Purview), but I think there's still plenty of space for variety:

If you're play a Scion, your first dot is always, "Scion of X, God of Y," which allows you to adopt a lesser set of powers of your parent's most famous mantle. While parentage is clear and may even trace back generations through the Legend system, Scions needn't (and, in fact, it's hard for them) be clones of their parents.
        You inherit lots of things from your divine parent, but it's more of a starting bonus, not something that channels or defines your character advancement.
        A Hero-level character gets three - Origin (related to Genesis), Role, and Pantheon (your relationship with parent and pantheon). Callings are chosen to match these three Paths, and at least one of them must be the same as your divine parent's. (You also get to channel one Purview of your parent for free, no strings attached, no relic needed, but you only get to pick one)

* these are all indirect quotes from http://www.ttrarchive.com/store/index.php?title=Scion_2E:_What_We_Know
        Last edited by zilaenor; 11-21-2017, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Weird Question: would sort of Non-emotions like Apathy and Boredom be valid under Passion? as well, is it possible for someone to "branch out" with a subtyped Perveiw? like for instance Beast (Penguins) to Beast (all)

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
            Weird Question: would sort of Non-emotions like Apathy and Boredom be valid under Passion? as well, is it possible for someone to "branch out" with a subtyped Perveiw? like for instance Beast (Penguins) to Beast (all)
            Neall mentioned Athena possible having Passion(clear thought and reason), so Apathy and Boredom would probably work.

Branching out may just be retraining (same as Beast(Penguin)-->Moon), although a little easier since you could probably repurpose the same Relic (or parental pass)

Comment

• Will we see a November backer update. I admit i need my fix

Comment

• Can you get Immortal Knacks from non-Calling Paths, like Prophet or Kitsune?

Comment

• Originally posted by VentrueStereotype View Post
                  Will we see a November backer update. I admit i need my fix
                  There's a mini update on the KS page that says Neall hopes to have it up either this week or the next.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                  Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• Originally posted by unnatural1 View Post

There's a mini update on the KS page that says Neall hopes to have it up either this week or the next.
                    That was posted a week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post

That was posted a week ago.
                      *Checks.*

​So it was. Yeah, so it's clearly running a bit late.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                      Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• Originally posted by unnatural1 View Post

*Checks.*

​So it was. Yeah, so it's clearly running a bit late.
                        That must have been some intense Con Plague Neall caught.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                          I think we can forgive some tardiness with how close the books are to the editing phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Quantum View Post
                            Can you get Immortal Knacks from non-Calling Paths, like Prophet or Kitsune?
                            Yes, you can.

Neall Raemonn Price
                            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                              I shook a lot of hands at PAX Unplugged.

Neall Raemonn Price
                              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                                Yes, you can.
                                Awesome! Thanks for replying!

Comment

Working...
                                X