No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has probably been asked, but I haven't seen it, is there a 2e equivalent to the Order of the Divine Glory written in to the vanilla setting? Also, Buhdism has been mentioned earlier, with some gods converting, how does that interact with fatebinding?

Comment

• where is the greek preview? i can't find it

Comment

• Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
        where is the greek preview? i can't find it
        It's on the Kickstarter main page.

Here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01...Jjd3cyRkE/view

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
        Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• So I've been thinking about how many people would claim to be scions in the World, when they just happened to have a little supernatural blood/study some magic/be utterly crazy. Are there any easy ways for one scion to recognise another, or for miracles to be distinguished from magic/illusions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Not Quite Yoda View Post
            So I've been thinking about how many people would claim to be scions in the World, when they just happened to have a little supernatural blood/study some magic/be utterly crazy. Are there any easy ways for one scion to recognise another, or for miracles to be distinguished from magic/illusions?
            ​While a proper mystic might well know the difference, I'd be a lot more worried about the god you're claiming to be descended from. That's a genuine divine name you're pinning to yourself. Do they wanna be associated with some faker? I mean, maybe Loki, if he thinks it's funny, but if you tell people you're the daughter of Indra the Storm King and Indra hears about it, the best you can hope for is a century or so of hard labor. More likely you'll be declared an Asura on the spot and take an astra to the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by racain23 View Post
              This has probably been asked, but I haven't seen it, is there a 2e equivalent to the Order of the Divine Glory written in to the vanilla setting? Also, Buhdism has been mentioned earlier, with some gods converting, how does that interact with fatebinding?
              There isn't as of yet, but I may decide to add something into Demigod. Given that monotheism isn't monolithic, and I'd rather not say the Abrahamic religions are all collaborating perfectly, it's likely there will be different elements spread throughout the setting. The Templars are a historical example of this.

Buddhist Gods are just Gods, though it does affect their Fatebinding weirdly. Gods can join multiple pantheons without significant difficulty beyond inserting themselves into the Legend of the other pantheon.

Neall Raemonn Price
              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I need something clarified. It was mentioned somewhere that the affects of Fate are worse for say a demigod then a god, so I have to ask, do the affects of Fate scale off of legend or just tier? Like does a legend 4 hero have it worse then a legend 1 hero?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionmanguy View Post
                  I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I need something clarified. It was mentioned somewhere that the affects of Fate are worse for say a demigod then a god, so I have to ask, do the affects of Fate scale off of legend or just tier? Like does a legend 4 hero have it worse then a legend 1 hero?
                  Tier is probably what you're really asking about, although Fatebinding does itself has some small effects that key off rating.

Neall Raemonn Price
                  Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

Tier is probably what you're really asking about, although Fatebinding does itself has some small effects that key off rating.
                    could you give an example of how a god's fatebindings differ from a hero's?
                    Oh,and after seeing your Mikola preview,i wanted to know does that mean that saint nicholas belongs to both an native russian pantheon and a abrahamic pantheon?

Comment

• One thing I am curious about is if Scion will have mortal sorcerers. Your heretics, minor psychics, ect.

My Homebrew
                      Star Wars d10
                      The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                      Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                        One thing I am curious about is if Scion will have mortal sorcerers. Your heretics, minor psychics, ect.
                        Sorcerers are mentioned mora than once in this thread,they will be present in origins

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                          One thing I am curious about is if Scion will have mortal sorcerers. Your heretics, minor psychics, ect.
                          ​Definitely. They revealed that very early on. Sorcerers somehow steal power from the Gods.

​There will also be Prophets, Holy Men/Women, and Saints!

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                          Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                            There isn't as of yet, but I may decide to add something into Demigod. Given that monotheism isn't monolithic, and I'd rather not say the Abrahamic religions are all collaborating perfectly, it's likely there will be different elements spread throughout the setting. The Templars are a historical example of this.
                            On the subject of monotheism, can I just make one request? Whatever you do, please don't go with the "Allah = Hubal" theory. Not only is it historically dubious, it's become strongly associated with various Islamophobic groups. (I realize you probably know all this and are too smart to make that mistake, but I just felt compelled to ask.)

Comment

• Reza Aslan’s book “No God, But God” presents a much stronger historic narrative in which the pre-Islamic understanding of Allah was that of a distant creator (essentially a Primordial in Scion 2E terms) who was seen as non-intercessionary. Hubal was the main actively worshipped deity, seen as the central most false idol by the Prophet Muhammed and the original Umma that needed to be cast out of the Kaaba in favor of the sole worship of Allah.
                              Last edited by glamourweaver; 12-31-2017, 07:51 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• The big question for me is the status of Manat, Allat, and Uzza in the World. I figure the dominant strains of Islam are strict absolute monotheists as in reality, but “Allah’s daughters” are still honored by minority sects violently repressed by Wahabists.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X