Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    Neall said it's about : "Culture heroism and the end of the hero's journey in a few ways." (Neall) [512]
    Yes. I can go a bit more in-depth into it - you deal a bit more with cultural impacts. You can also deal more with fights as strategic setpieces rather than "I roll to punch" - it becomes a marshaling of mythic forces rather than individual prowess.

Neall Raemonn Price
    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

Yes. I can go a bit more in-depth into it - you deal a bit more with cultural impacts. You can also deal more with fights as strategic setpieces rather than "I roll to punch" - it becomes a marshaling of mythic forces rather than individual prowess.
      How does fatebinding work on demigod level?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        How does fatebinding work on demigod level?
        More strongly than it does on Hero.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Is it possible to learn Knacks from outside of your three main Callings? And if so, how difficult is it?

Comment

• Will there be a mediography in the books, and if so will it have something for every pantheon?

Comment

• What kind of being would Garuda be categorized as in Scion? A demigod?

Comment

• Can an EXTREME decision or an incredible plot twist of the story change the calling of a character?

i'm a sage calling, i found out that (in some peculiar point of the story) that violence is the only way, can i refuse my calling in change of, for example, the warrior?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
                  What kind of being would Garuda be categorized as in Scion? A demigod?
                  Since he is described as the vehicle mount of Vishnu, I would say 5dot Creature (legend 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickedgrail View Post

Since he is described as the vehicle mount of Vishnu, I would say 5dot Creature (legend 8)
                    He is a 5 dot creature who fought multiple legend 12 gods to a standstill. For that matter, Durga's lion has also wiped out sixty thousand titan spawn in moments without breaking a sweat. And depending on the story Shiva's bull Nandi has drunk the same poison that Shiva has to hold in his throat without ill effect. So unless the Creature birthright got a hell of an upgrade there's something else going on with these three at least. Or maybe the Yoga Purview has a God level boon that can bump up your creature to super saiyan levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post

He is a 5 dot creature who fought multiple legend 12 gods to a standstill. For that matter, Durga's lion has also wiped out sixty thousand titan spawn in moments without breaking a sweat. And depending on the story Shiva's bull Nandi has drunk the same poison that Shiva has to hold in his throat without ill effect. So unless the Creature birthright got a hell of an upgrade there's something else going on with these three at least. Or maybe the Yoga Purview has a God level boon that can bump up your creature to super saiyan levels.
                      Could be creatures grow alongside their masters in 2e. Would make sense. In one 1e some 4 and 5 dot examples seemed perfectly useful and effective at Hero and then worthless at demigod. Growing scale would help with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post

Could be creatures grow alongside their masters in 2e. Would make sense. In one 1e some 4 and 5 dot examples seemed perfectly useful and effective at Hero and then worthless at demigod. Growing scale would help with that.
                        I'm hoping that that will be the case... Vahana are such an important part of Hindu myth and iconography and 1e barely even mentioned them, I'm hoping 2e gives us the tools to do them justice

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                          Is it possible to learn Knacks from outside of your three main Callings? And if so, how difficult is it?
                          No. You're locked into the Callings and the "generic" Scion Knacks, like Scent the Divine.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
                            What kind of being would Garuda be categorized as in Scion? A demigod?
                            A Creature, as others have noted, capable of whupping up on Gods. As Samudra noted, the Yoga Purview will probably let you beef up your mounts.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                              Can an EXTREME decision or an incredible plot twist of the story change the calling of a character?

i'm a sage calling, i found out that (in some peculiar point of the story) that violence is the only way, can i refuse my calling in change of, for example, the warrior?
                              It's not even that extreme. Failing at a Deed is required to change your Calling, whether that's a failure that calls your archetype into doubt or a purposeful, spectacular failure meant to sunder the bonds of Fate that hold you to the Calling.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                                A Creature, as others have noted, capable of whupping up on Gods. As Samudra noted, the Yoga Purview will probably let you beef up your mounts.
                                Yes! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X