No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are birthright costs more expensive in 2nd? I just noticed that a lot of the birthrights shown particularly the ones which grant purview access seemed more expensive then what they would have been in 1st. Can birthrights directly provide boons? Just wondering cause of how much slower boons seem to be gained in 2nd.

I know you tend to not give particularly direct answers to these questions, but can we expect to get the next big update before you guys go off to the next con?

If followers and creatures mostly provide stat boosts to your character are bands of warriors, and other similar options still valid birthrights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
      More strongly than it does on Hero.
      Thank you Neall

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        Thank you Neall
        Seconded, thanks for taking the time when things are so close.

Comment

• If an Incarnate Scion has a kid, is that kid a scion?

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
            If an Incarnate Scion has a kid, is that kid a scion?
            No, they are not.

Neall Raemonn Price
            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

No. You're locked into the Callings and the "generic" Scion Knacks, like Scent the Divine.
              Oh, has that changed? I recall at one point that the general idea was "Knacks from Callings you possess are Favored and are cheaper to obtain", but that was a while ago.

As for a question... Let's say through Circumstances, my Scion of Manannan mac Lir has found wisdom in restraint and being choosy in his battles, and replaces his Warrior Calling with say, Guardian.

Do I lose the Warrior Knacks I already bought, or do I get to keep them with the note of "Okay no more Immortal Warrior Knacks for you"?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                Do I lose the Warrior Knacks I already bought, or do I get to keep them with the note of "Okay no more Immortal Warrior Knacks for you"?
                You don't lose access to them, but your total number of Knacks is equal to your Calling ratings (Favored gets an additional one). You can have non-Calling Knacks, but only (Legend) worth.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• How many knacks are there in total among the two books?

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

• There will be an adventure inside the first two books? in case, can you give us some spoiler about it?

there are new premade scions (like eric, horace etcetc)?

we already know the irish girl, but someone new?

And neal? You are on fire today.

Comment

You don't lose access to them, but your total number of Knacks is equal to your Calling ratings (Favored gets an additional one). You can have non-Calling Knacks, but only (Legend) worth.
                      Okay, let me see if I have this straight...
                      • Your Callings have ratings, and you can have a number of Knacks for each Calling equal to its rating.
                        • Related: Your Favored Calling will have an additional Knack beyond its Rating.
                      • Additionally, you can have a number of General or non-Calling Knacks equal to your Legend.
                      Is that about right?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Is there any chance alternate Modes will make it into the Companion?

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
                          How many knacks are there in total among the two books?
                          Oh, jeez. Um...7 Mortals per Calling, plus 7 standard, so 84. Five Immortals per, so 55 of those.

Plus Legendary Creature/Denizen Knacks.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                            Okay, let me see if I have this straight...Is that about right?
                            Each Calling informs the character’s choice of Knacks. You can use one Calling Knack per dot of each Calling. You may buy additional Knacks, but can only have as many Knacks active as you have dots of Callings. Immortal Knacks count as two dots for the purposes of mounting them.

You can use non-Calling Knacks you've purchased, but they count against this limit, and against the limit of your Legend. Let's say you're a Legend 4 Hero: Warrior 4, Sage 2, Lover 1 (the Classic Tuatha Combo, as I like to call it). Prior to becoming a Warrior, you were a Healer, but you took a Failure Deed and then an Adoption Deed to shed your old Calling and adopt a new one. You bought one Immortal Healer Knack and two Mortal ones.

- So from this, you can take:
                            Two Immortal Warrior Knacks or four Mortal Warrior Knacks or one Immortal, two Mortal; and
                            One Immortal Sage Knack or two Mortal Sage Knacks; and
                            One Mortal Lover Knack.

-- Your Healer Knacks (One Immortal, two Mortal) may replace any of these, but you can only do up to four points of Knacks, because you're Legend 4. You can use your whole set, but if you've bought any more, you're SOL, even if you have more "Knack slots".

What keeps this from being a weird funky way to hot-swap archetypes and stack up on "good" Calling Knacks is that Failure Deeds really fucking suck. They are not about hot-swapping your deep-rooted Fate archetypes. Failing a Lover Deed means you have to break the heart of someone who truly loves you and destroying the relationship. Failing a Judge Deed means pronouncing a deliberate and horrifying injustice, and then upholding that. Failing a Warrior Deed means personally losing the battle that loses the war. Failing a Leader Deed means taking the lives of those who follow you and leading them into an utter catastrophe. They're bad, and you will suffer, and they are not something you do lightly.

(A slightly easier way to buy new Knacks is to take a Guide who teaches them. Some Guides give access to Knack lists, or even custom Knacks, and you can learn stuff from them. That's, again, not something that's really super easy or light, but it's easier and you're off training and whatnot.)

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                              Is there any chance alternate Modes will make it into the Companion?
                              Probably, at this point. Most of them are just alternate rules mods on regaining Legend. We've got a long bit on the Myth Level, though, which does have some rules modifiers attached to it.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

Each Calling informs the character’s choice of Knacks. You can use one Calling Knack per dot of each Calling. You may buy additional Knacks, but can only have as many Knacks active as you have dots of Callings. Immortal Knacks count as two dots for the purposes of mounting them.

You can use non-Calling Knacks you've purchased, but they count against this limit, and against the limit of your Legend. Let's say you're a Legend 4 Hero: Warrior 4, Sage 2, Lover 1 (the Classic Tuatha Combo, as I like to call it). Prior to becoming a Warrior, you were a Healer, but you took a Failure Deed and then an Adoption Deed to shed your old Calling and adopt a new one. You bought one Immortal Healer Knack and two Mortal ones.

- So from this, you can take:
                                Two Immortal Warrior Knacks or four Mortal Warrior Knacks or one Immortal, two Mortal; and
                                One Immortal Sage Knack or two Mortal Sage Knacks; and
                                One Mortal Lover Knack.

-- Your Healer Knacks (One Immortal, two Mortal) may replace any of these, but you can only do up to four points of Knacks, because you're Legend 4. You can use your whole set, but if you've bought any more, you're SOL, even if you have more "Knack slots".

What keeps this from being a weird funky way to hot-swap archetypes and stack up on "good" Calling Knacks is that Failure Deeds really fucking suck. They are not about hot-swapping your deep-rooted Fate archetypes. Failing a Lover Deed means you have to break the heart of someone who truly loves you and destroying the relationship. Failing a Judge Deed means pronouncing a deliberate and horrifying injustice, and then upholding that. Failing a Warrior Deed means personally losing the battle that loses the war. Failing a Leader Deed means taking the lives of those who follow you and leading them into an utter catastrophe. They're bad, and you will suffer, and they are not something you do lightly.

(A slightly easier way to buy new Knacks is to take a Guide who teaches them. Some Guides give access to Knack lists, or even custom Knacks, and you can learn stuff from them. That's, again, not something that's really super easy or light, but it's easier and you're off training and whatnot.)
                                Ah, thank you, this is very interesting.

And the immature part of me wants the system now but I can wait until it's ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X