No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=ElanConnor;n1174125]There will be an adventure inside the first two books? in case, can you give us some spoiler about it?[/qupte]

No, but there will be in the Scion jumpstart. It's a murder mystery.

there are new premade scions (like eric, horace etcetc)?
    Yes. Eric Donner returns; the new ones are: Emanuel Montero, Incarnate Scion of Xiuhtechutli (himself);
    Hassan al-Hakim, Scion of Loki;
    Rashmi Battacharya, Scion of Agni;
    Rhiannon Jernigan, Scion of Brigid.
    Colwyn Mao, Chosen Scion of Fuxi, and Sigrun Akirsdottir, Created Scion of Loki, also make an appearance as the character creation examples in Origin and Hero respectively, so they're pretty much ready-to-go.

Neall Raemonn Price
    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      Ah, thank you, this is very interesting.

And the immature part of me wants the system now but I can wait until it's ready.
      If you're both a Scion and a Legendary Creature, you have the option of replacing one of your Callings with your Creature Path. When we do the Bestiary, we're probably going to expand out the character options for this pretty dramatically, such that having a different Calling rating gives you different abilities - representing you focusing on that inhuman side of yourself. Kitsune 4, Sage 2, Warrior 1, for example, has gone pretty all-in on being a shapeshifting fox.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• How does one gain Legend mechanically? And what kind of situations in story would award someone an Legend dot?
        One more thing about the keepers of the world. Do they plan to leave the world too when they're done,or will they stay as the only pantheon remaining?

Comment

• I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if you'd get the pre-release rules as mentioned in the Kickstarter update, and the kick start, if you pre-order the books/pdf now?

Didn't have the chance to back the game properly when the Kickstarter was active

Comment

• So, it seems like there's a bit of confusion. So far two people have asked if the children of Incarnates are Scions and gotten two different answers:

Originally posted by Neall View Post
            Yes - in fact, most Scions are the children of Incarnations. In the intro story to Hero, Eric Donner meets another Scion of Thor, the son of a different Incarnation of his father. 0
            Originally posted by Neall View Post
            No, they are not.
            ​Could you clarify?

Comment

• Originally posted by CreepyShutIn View Post
              So, it seems like there's a bit of confusion. So far two people have asked if the children of Incarnates are Scions and gotten two different answers:
              Could you clarify?
              I actually understand this one. "Incarnations" is referring to gods taking human form and therefor becoming weaker, and "Incarnates" is referring to gods reincarnating as the actually becoming as weak as a simple scion. they are two different things that are a bit confusingly named.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                She's considered a Primordial deity. You can still be a Scion of hers, you'll just have a very different relationship.
                you said here that you could be a scion of a Primordial. I believe that Titans were mentioned as potential divine parents, but this is new i believe. can you give more details of how having a Primordial as divine parent works?

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
                  you said here that you could be a scion of a Primordial. I believe that Titans were mentioned as potential divine parents, but this is new i believe. can you give more details of how having a Primordial as divine parent works?
                  Primordials may encompass multiple Callings, but typically express only a few Purviews. Most are Chosen rather than born.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• How does a Sorcerer acquires the use of a Purview?
                    Is there any Path to play an Harpy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                      How does a Sorcerer acquires the use of a Purview?
                      They have to find a source of divine power and tap into it.
                      Is there any Path to play an Harpy?
                      Not yet!

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
                        I actually understand this one. "Incarnations" is referring to gods taking human form and therefor becoming weaker, and "Incarnates" is referring to gods reincarnating as the actually becoming as weak as a simple scion. they are two different things that are a bit confusingly named.
                        This is correct. No one may be a Scion of that God until someone - whether it's the Incarnate Scion or another being - reclaims the God's mantle.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• I think i heard somewhere that Giants and Fomori are playablle. Is there any other playabable titanspawn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                            I think i heard somewhere that Giants and Fomori are playablle. Is there any other playabable titanspawn?
                            Technically centaurs, but otherwise not yet.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Really roughly, when is the community content Vault going to start? Just after Origins&Hero go out? After Demigod? 5 years down the road?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                                This is correct. No one may be a Scion of that God until someone - whether it's the Incarnate Scion or another being - reclaims the God's mantle.
                                Building off this, does this means a Incarnate Scion can ignore the old mantle effectively forever? The original mantle just sits in limbo then?

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

Working...
                                X