Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zilaenor View Post
    Really roughly, when is the community content Vault going to start? Just after Origins&Hero go out? After Demigod? 5 years down the road?
    After Hero, I believe, but that's really up to Rich and OPP.


    Neall Raemonn Price
    Beleaguered Scion Developer

    Comment


    • Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
      Building off this, does this means a Incarnate Scion can ignore the old mantle effectively forever? The original mantle just sits in limbo then?
      Not quite. An Incarnate Scion has to build up towards that original mantle, whether it means they alter it or end up creating a new one. If the Scion dies beforehand...well, things get interesting.


      Neall Raemonn Price
      Beleaguered Scion Developer

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Neall View Post
        Not quite. An Incarnate Scion has to build up towards that original mantle, whether it means they alter it or end up creating a new one. If the Scion dies beforehand...well, things get interesting.
        What would you say is the main difference between Emanuel Montero and the previous Incarnation of Xiutehcuhtli?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Neall View Post
          They have to find a source of divine power and tap into it.
          Do these sources have to be specifically connected to a god/titan, or can more general but still powerful concepts like Nature or Love be tapped into?

          Comment


          • I believe it was mentioned that Hero level Scions get to have one Purview that doesn't require a relic to use. Is that correct? Also, can a Hero level Scion gain more Purviews they don't need a Relic to use and how?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Deranged Goblin View Post
              I believe it was mentioned that Hero level Scions get to have one Purview that doesn't require a relic to use. Is that correct? Also, can a Hero level Scion gain more Purviews they don't need a Relic to use and how?
              Last I heard, each Scion has one of their parent's purviews that they can use innately, without a Birthright.

              I believe that you can also gain access to Purviews through Guides now, which suddenly makes the Guide Birthright viable. I mean no offense to 1E, but picking non-Relic birthright was kind of wasted points.


              Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

              Comment


              • Neall. Do you think the text of the book will be delivered before January ends?

                Comment


                • While gods obviously don't have to worry about things like aging, do hero's/demigod's have any sort of unusual lifespan?

                  Comment


                  • i don't know if this question has been asked before (in case, i know someone will answer quickly )

                    Question: reached the legend rank 5, there will be an help to keep on playing in demigods without the manual?


                    question for the players - masters: how much time do you usually spend in the first rank of the game?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                      question for the players - masters: how much time do you usually spend in the first rank of the game?
                      In Scion 1e? Depends heavily on the specific story. Tends to be about 1 Legend per 8-10 Sessions, one session a week, so from Legend 2 - 5 is about eight months normally? Sometimes shorter, sometimes I'll have Legend 2 - 3 just being the first two or three sessions since things pick up more at Legend 3 in 1e. Can't say how it'll flow in 2e though, could be very different or similar.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                        Neall. Do you think the text of the book will be delivered before January ends?
                        I forgot to ask, Neall. When is the Manitou preview going to be shown

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                          question for the players - masters: how much time do you usually spend in the first rank of the game?
                          which is... Legend 1 to 4? For the game I am running for more than a year, we spent maybe 6 months before they turned demigods. I didn't do what I really wanted because most of the players did not have backgrounds or useful backgrounds for me to use. We played lots of sessions, mostly 5 hours per session at the rate of 1 session every three weeks on average.

                          I would have loved to make hero level last longer but since I love to give lots of XP (15 per session on average), Scions in my game grow very fast and tend to be at their max too fast for me.

                          And then 6 other months later, 4 out of 5 became Gods (there could have been only 3 of them..). That's where we are right now.

                          Comment


                          • Another question for the masters:

                            I'm sorry but... i hate when my character use the xp for the level up of the legend. I lnow, is technically against the rule but i use the "rule of cool".

                            I rise the legend of the players when they make a great deed like defeating a peculiar monster, saving someone etc etc

                            What do you think?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                              Another question for the masters:

                              I'm sorry but... i hate when my character use the xp for the level up of the legend. I lnow, is technically against the rule but i use the "rule of cool".

                              I rise the legend of the players when they make a great deed like defeating a peculiar monster, saving someone etc etc

                              What do you think?
                              Milestone Leveling? That's what I, and the rest of my friends do when we are running Scion. Messing up and unsealing a Titan? That's +1 Legend. Being given a drink of nectar in thanks for saving a favored child of one of the Theoi? That's +1 Legend. Rules exist as guidelines and a basic structure, don't be afraid to deviate from them if it works for your own game. Like, we don't even use any of the Purviews from the base books, having updated them all, stuff like that.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Watcher View Post

                                Milestone Leveling? That's what I, and the rest of my friends do when we are running Scion. Messing up and unsealing a Titan? That's +1 Legend. Being given a drink of nectar in thanks for saving a favored child of one of the Theoi? That's +1 Legend. Rules exist as guidelines and a basic structure, don't be afraid to deviate from them if it works for your own game. Like, we don't even use any of the Purviews from the base books, having updated them all, stuff like that.


                                this is exactly what i mean

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X