Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I think that's where Scale comes in.
    Possible, but what I mean is what if you have ten mooks who are identical? Are they tracked separately or as one group? Do their stats change if they're in a group? Do they roll initiative separately, and take separate attacks? Do they "count as" one mook antagonist, but go up in scale to represent greater numbers?

Edit: Examining the Antagonists chapter reveals an antagonist ability allowing an opponent to summon a number of mooks equal to the number of PCs present. So Origins seems to assume the players will be fighting no more than say, ten enemies at most in one engagement; not too many for a Storyguide to track individually. I will hold off future questions until I've actually read the whole manuscript through.

Edit 2: By the way, this game is firin' up my imagination, Neall. Great work.
    Last edited by Prometheus878; 02-24-2018, 12:06 AM.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• I was purely going off the fact that the book literally refers to him as "Freyr, God of Fertility and Prosperity" and prosperity isn't a thing in the list. Wasn't coming from any mythological stance.

Also, just wanted to requote my previous message because it seems like a odd difference to have between the two games.

Originally posted by Yig1015w View Post

Awesome. Great to have you answering questions more frequently at the moment.

Utilizing this opportunity... defense is at base 1 and any successes add to that, correct? Rolling 1 Success would then end up as 2 defense instead of 1, right? The details in dodge makes it seems like the base defense is only ever 1 if they roll zero successes which would mean a single success doesn't yield any additional benefit. Trying hard not to be the guy that always compares things to Trinity... but it specifies that base defense is 1 and successes used for the dodge stunt increase your defense by 1 per success. Just wondering if this is a intentional design decision to generally make defense 1 lower in Scion or if its just a product of the rough draft side of things. Adding successes to a base 1 just feels better. Makes it to where a single success doesn't feel somewhat pointless.
      Also, I do really want to know if mass combat is coming in hero as well. Large scale combat resolution is important.
      Last edited by Yig1015w; 02-24-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• For an Alchemist type character, one that creates potions and tinctures and the like, would their craft be benefited by Forge or Artistry?

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post
          For an Alchemist type character, one that creates potions and tinctures and the like, would their craft be benefited by Forge or Artistry?
          That sounds more like you'd want a Motif for that, to be able to do marvels in many purviews with it or just apply a mechanical justification onto fluff you do when activating your boons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

That sounds more like you'd want a Motif for that, to be able to do marvels in many purviews with it or just apply a mechanical justification onto fluff you do when activating your boons.
            Point, I hadn't thought of Motifs, though I was thinking more along the lines of, instead of building a sword that cleaves through spirits (the sample suggested Tier 2 Project) my character might develop an oil coating that can be applied to any sword to let it do the same. I think I'll reserve judgement on exact;y what kind of route he takes until after I've seen all the potential Powers in Hero once that is previewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samudra View Post

Point, I hadn't thought of Motifs, though I was thinking more along the lines of, instead of building a sword that cleaves through spirits (the sample suggested Tier 2 Project) my character might develop an oil coating that can be applied to any sword to let it do the same. I think I'll reserve judgement on exact;y what kind of route he takes until after I've seen all the potential Powers in Hero once that is previewed.
              I would assume forge under the general concept of Forge=functional Artistry=pleasing/emotional/expressive. Now if you wanted a potion to also be delicious you might want to mix some artistry in there.

Comment

• So Neall is the end of the month goal for Hero still on the books?

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

• Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
                  So Neall is the end of the month goal for Hero still on the books?
                  That is something I am wondering about too.

Also Yig is got me thinking about mass combat rules too.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
                    So Neall is the end of the month goal for Hero still on the books?
                    ​Looks like it didn't happen. I'm not upset about that, personally. I'm excited for it, but he's said they're going through it more carefully this time so there aren't a bunch of odd, mismatched segments like with Origins. That's good. I certainly want the PDF, but I also want it to be done right, and that can take a while.

Comment

• The only thing that even hints at mass combat in the book is scale. It mentions apply scale if fighting a room of nameless mooks but the issue with this is it doesn't really tell us how. I assume you give scale advantage to the player when they are attacking and maybe scale advantage to the group when attacking if you want to avoid having to roll 5-6 attacks. I mean, even if mass combat isn't included, using scale in this way seems like it will help. If the group of enemies are not weaklings then only they would get scale on their attacks while you would still need to damage them normally. You could also apply the mook rule to the group even if they are not mooks. (ie, if you kill or cause damage to one of them then you can just turn the rest of your dice pool into 1 damage per success and drain their group health. Which would be their health multiplied by the number of enemies in the group) Honestly though, the mook rule kinda feels awkward when they are not actually 1hp mooks because the key benefit of it is that you dont need to beat the defense of the targets after the first. Technically due to mixed actions every character can declare attacking multiple targets and then spread their successes out to let their damage spread over to their next target but the key thing is you need to buy off each enemy's defense separately. With mooks, and I'd assume groups of identical enemies you probably shouldn't have to.
                      Last edited by Yig1015w; 03-02-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• If the army is big enough you can probably justify applying Scale to the army

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Any news on the Hero text?

Comment

• Originally posted by the_duck View Post
                            Any news on the Hero text?
                            It should pop out on Backerkit soonish.

Neall Raemonn Price
                            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

Great news, thanks for the timely response!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                                Soonish = right now, BTW. I've downloaded it and will begin reading shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X