No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question,-- if you have Beasts (Owl), does the specialization affect the Innate Power as well?

i.e., is it "non-legendary animals will not attack you unless compelled by magic," OR, "non-legendary OWLS will not attack you unless compelled by magic."

...one of these seems WAAAY more limited than the other..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      There is a mention in the Origins Appendix that Artemis and Athena only take Chosen Scions. Maybe it'll be added in?
      Thank you, I've been a bit lazy about reading origins, I'm finding it a little difficult without all the usual layout/formatting

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

They're strong suggestions. You can use any combination of Skills and Attributes - the key factors here are what you're doing (Skill) and how you're doing it (Attribute). You can use your Might to appear lift a refridgerator and prove your virility and seduce someone, for instance - but in a bar, you'd be restricted to flexing your muscles or something. It might not make a ton of sense. Similarly, Might's most often used in Close Combat, but yes, you can use other Attributes if you justify them - the difficulty lies in justifying them, and the Storyguide is the final arbiter there. If you're trying to fight a water horse, Physical Finesse and Resistance aren't going to be as useful as just bashing the thing.

For the Epic Dex or Epic Strength Boons/innates? You don't need to justify it, it's magic.
        Thanks, that makes more sense.

Comment

• So... there is no mechanical difference between what kind of scion a player can chooses?

Comment

• Im upping it again since it didnt get answered.

I got a question about followers rules, lets imagine i got 5 dots of birthright and outro it on followers i can get 5 tags to then, if i get group/mob/knack/tough/defensive, i would get a mob of 50 followers i na can use a mixed action to comand then to attack twice as mixed action and myself can still give a blow, so it is effectivelly a 3 hits per turn ? Or i got that wrong?

Comment

• Not sure if you can share this yet, Neall, but there is one thing I'm kinda curious about. Hero's get one innate Purview. I'm assuming all of the Purviews of a God are innate, and Demigods will have some way of gaining more innate Purviews beyond the one they gain at Hero level. Would that assumption be correct, or am I off base?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                So... there is no mechanical difference between what kind of scion a player can chooses?
                There is not, beyond, y'know, how you describe your Paths. So, there is equal mechanical difference between types of Scion and, say, what your character's job is as compared to another's.

Comment

• about specialities

-1 point enhancement to other

what does it mean??

if i use a shotgun and i'm specialized with it, the person i'm shooting have a -1 enhancement against me??

if so, maybe is a little... not so good? I mean, if i have a specialties in art, how am i supposed to use it ?

Comment

• When do Knacks cost Momentum? I got the impression from the text that Knacks always cost Momentum, but others seem to think that they cost Momentum only if they specifically require it in their text.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                      about specialities

-1 point enhancement to other

what does it mean??

if i use a shotgun and i'm specialized with it, the person i'm shooting have a -1 enhancement against me??

if so, maybe is a little... not so good? I mean, if i have a specialties in art, how am i supposed to use it ?
                      1 Enhancement to other does not mean other characters get any kind of enhancement... instead, if you have a specialty in a skill, it gives an enhancement to your other skills if applicable... if you have a Close Combat specialty of Swords, you have a +1 Enhancement to recognizing a rare sword with Culture. If you have a Medicine specialty in Anatomy, you have a + 1 Enhancement to hitting vital spots on a target with Firearms or Athletics etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike McCall View Post
                        When do Knacks cost Momentum? I got the impression from the text that Knacks always cost Momentum, but others seem to think that they cost Momentum only if they specifically require it in their text.
                        I can't find the exact quote where Neall clarified this, but Knacks only cost Momentum if they specify they do so in the description.

Comment

• Early on, it was said that Scions with the Sage Calling could also take Prophet Knacks. Will this still apply?

Comment

• Any plans in the near future for a book on those titans that didn't make the Gods' hate list? Those that could have a scion or three floating around?

Mankind was once an endangered species. It will likely be so again. And mankind will only have itself to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiagocord View Post
                              Im upping it again since it didnt get answered.

I got a question about followers rules, lets imagine i got 5 dots of birthright and outro it on followers i can get 5 tags to then, if i get group/mob/knack/tough/defensive, i would get a mob of 50 followers i na can use a mixed action to comand then to attack twice as mixed action and myself can still give a blow, so it is effectivelly a 3 hits per turn ? Or i got that wrong?

It looks that way, but it would all be one Mixed Action, which means you'd be rolling the smallest die pool out of your Attribute+Leadership/Follower rating (so probably 5) and whatever your attack's die pool is. And then you would need to spend the successes across the three sets of Difficulty & Complication. So can you? Sure, but you might run out of successes to spend, not to mention the narrative logistics of having 50 followers, plus yourself, being in a fight.

Comment

• Can a relic grant a motif on its own as well as the motif you get if it grants one of the more limited Beast or Artistry focuses, or does that count as its motif? Like Artistry (Fashion) with the motif 'Dressed to Kill' and it comes from a necklace or something which might in turn have its own related motif?

Comment

Working...
                                X