No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion: Origins and Scion: Hero are out. Can we maybe shift questions about them to their own threads, to make it easier to find things, and reserve Ask Neall for questions about upcoming books?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      Scion: Origins and Scion: Hero are out. Can we maybe shift questions about them to their own threads, to make it easier to find things, and reserve Ask Neall for questions about upcoming books?
      Are they? I can't find anything on Kickstarter or Backerit about them being out.

Comment

• I have the first pass of the fully edited Origin, did I miss the mail on Hero?

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

• Do Titan's have Mantles? If they do, did Zeus took a mantle when he usurped Cronos and became King of the Gods and did Cronos did the same with Ouranos. If that isn't how it works its there another type of mechanic which that type of power-swapping falls under?

Comment

• I know I've asked this before earlier, but conversations got caught up in other trains of though, and I never got an answer (which is okay.) When you use a knack that allows you to invest legends instead of spend it on a feat of scale, how long does the legend stay imbued before the player can reclaim it.

Comment

• Hi, I'm glad and liking the Scion: Origin book and rules but I have two questions about Conditions.
              1) How Conditions do exactly work?
              2) Will there be examples of Conditions in the book?

I'm asking this because Conditions is one of the game rules that is really poorly explained in the book. It is briefly explained in page 66-67 the can apply to Complications or Enhancements, and that's it. It doesn't really explain how many Conditions a character can have, if they only work in that way, and what is really the difference between brief and permanent Conditions, and if Injury Conditions are always applied for Conditions of harmful effects or not.

It seems to me this kind of rule is handwaiving and not really playtested, and that's unfortunate. I'm looking forward to tips for when to award Conditions, how many are too much, what kind of different effects it could have (examples), how to remove them (examples), and examples of Conditions in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxcelot View Post
                Hi, I'm glad and liking the Scion: Origin book and rules but I have two questions about Conditions.
                1) How Conditions do exactly work?
                2) Will there be examples of Conditions in the book?

I'm asking this because Conditions is one of the game rules that is really poorly explained in the book. It is briefly explained in page 66-67 the can apply to Complications or Enhancements, and that's it. It doesn't really explain how many Conditions a character can have, if they only work in that way, and what is really the difference between brief and permanent Conditions, and if Injury Conditions are always applied for Conditions of harmful effects or not.

It seems to me this kind of rule is handwaiving and not really playtested, and that's unfortunate. I'm looking forward to tips for when to award Conditions, how many are too much, what kind of different effects it could have (examples), how to remove them (examples), and examples of Conditions in general.
                Not Neall but part of the thing with Conditions is that they're intentionally going to be a varied lot. There's examples of them in Hero as well.

Some answers: What are Conditions like? Deliberately varied. Drunk could be a Condition. Blind could be a Condition. Fox Tail that you can't hide is a Condition.

How many do you assign? As many as makes sense. If you're overloading your players, stop, but don't feel like there's a hard limit of Legend x2 Conditions a Player can suffer from.

How do they resolve? It depends. "Sand in the eyes" may require an action to wash or rub your eyes. "Eyes burned out" will probably require divine magic. "Drunk as a Skunk" will require sleeping it off, probably "Lasts until end of scene"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Another question: when it says that the defense of followers is half of their rating, it never specifies whether it's round-up or round-down, and I also can't find anywhere in Origins or Hero where it gives a default assumption for the game about rounding either. Does the what't the defense of followers of 1, 3, and 5 dots respectively?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjorkk View Post
                    Another question: when it says that the defense of followers is half of their rating, it never specifies whether it's round-up or round-down, and I also can't find anywhere in Origins or Hero where it gives a default assumption for the game about rounding either. Does the what't the defense of followers of 1, 3, and 5 dots respectively?
                    I can't recall where but I thought it mentioned somewhere to round in favor of the players unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post

I can't recall where but I thought it mentioned somewhere to round in favor of the players unless otherwise stated.
                      I get that feeling too, from the overall vibe of the gamed design, but I've been looking and I can't find anywhere where it actually says that.

Comment

• If I roll defence and get 1 success, does spending it on the defense stunt give me a defense of 1(equal to successes) or 2(base defense of 1 + successes)?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjorkk View Post

I get that feeling too, from the overall vibe of the gamed design, but I've been looking and I can't find anywhere where it actually says that.
                          Yes, you round up.

Neall Raemonn Price
                          Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by RustedAir View Post
                            If I roll defence and get 1 success, does spending it on the defense stunt give me a defense of 1(equal to successes) or 2(base defense of 1 + successes)?
                            It's 2, yeah.

Neall Raemonn Price
                            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• How many health levels do creatures made through the creature background get?

Comment

• Can I command my followers to attack and attack by myself on the same turn as a mixed action, or does the "May only attack once per turn" clause kick in?

Comment

Working...
                                X