No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, uh, have the physical copies from the Kickstarter rewards still not been sent out yet or have I somehow managed to miss that event?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crying View Post
      So, uh, have the physical copies from the Kickstarter rewards still not been sent out yet or have I somehow managed to miss that event?
      Not yet...the pdf hasn't gone out to the public yet and they tend to do that around the time PoD becomes a thing...which is a little after the backer base copy (deluxe editions take longer) is printed and/or posted.

At least that has been my experience and observations.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by Crying View Post
        So, uh, have the physical copies from the Kickstarter rewards still not been sent out yet or have I somehow managed to miss that event?

You can check out the Monday Meeting Notes on the main site. It will have the relevant info. Currently, both books are still in the indexing phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

Not yet...the pdf hasn't gone out to the public yet and they tend to do that around the time PoD becomes a thing...which is a little after the backer base copy (deluxe editions take longer) is printed and/or posted.

At least that has been my experience and observations.
          Originally posted by saedar View Post

You can check out the Monday Meeting Notes on the main site. It will have the relevant info. Currently, both books are still in the indexing phase.
          Yeah, I literally just checked the Kickstarter update and saw what they said in that. My bad, I should have read that first.

Comment

• Hi Neall, so just wondering and don't know if its been talked about yet.

I know that there are going to be getting new boons for the new purview's in upcoming books, but are you guys going to add new boons to the old previews, particularly the pantheon previews?

two per preview just seems light, especially for Demi-gods and Gods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post

Not Neall but I just want to note that the Boons in Hero don't stop being useful when you become a Demigod.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
                Hi Neall, so just wondering and don't know if its been talked about yet.

I know that there are going to be getting new boons for the new purview's in upcoming books, but are you guys going to add new boons to the old previews, particularly the pantheon previews?

Neall’s confirmed there will be more powerful Demigod level Boons for existing Purviews including PSPs. Keep in mind that the Boons we have now are just examples. You can and should design your own Boons within the themes of given Purviews using the mechanical guidelines for designing Marvels.

For example once you have someone’s True Name, perform a summoning ritual. Or a banishing one where you shatter a Shabti of them to inflict damage. Cast out your own Ba to fly invisibly as a bird wherever you want. All viable Heku Marvels and Boons.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Speaking of Boons, the you start out at two but the legend section of the hero book under one dot of legend says you should have 1? So how many boons do you get? Just one or two?

Also what was the rational of linking legend directly to the number of boons you have rather than buying them experience? I assume it is so that their is more focus on callings/knacks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
                    Speaking of Boons, the you start out at two but the legend section of the hero book under one dot of legend says you should have 1? So how many boons do you get? Just one or two?

Also what was the rational of linking legend directly to the number of boons you have rather than buying them experience? I assume it is so that their is more focus on callings/knacks?

Two, your total is equal to Legend +1. That's been confirmed as being corrected in the final text.

It's in part to facilitate that Gods are not more powerful for being more diversified (as they were in 1E unfortunately). A finite number of Boons means Gods at the same Legend level are going to have the same rough level of might at their disposal, the one with fewer associated Purviews just is more focused with more Boons in the same Purview, while Monkey or Shiva have like 1 Boon in each of their Purviews.

Also it emphasizes the importance of Marvels. Most miracles someone performs in myth aren't necessarily Boons. They're only likely to be Boons if they're something a figure relies on REPEATEDLY in myth. Any creative one-off miracle in their purview is probably a Marvel.
                    Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-24-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      It's in part to facilitate that Gods are not more powerful for being more diversified (as they were in 1E unfortunately). A finite number of Boons means Gods at the same Legend level are going to same rough level of might at their disposal, the one with fewer associated Purviews just is more focused with more Boons in the same Purview, while Monkey or Shiva have like 1 Boon in each of their Purviews.

Also it emphasizes the importance of Marvels. Most miracles someone performs in myth aren't necessarily Boons. They're only likely to be Boons if they're something a figure relies on REPEATEDLY in myth. Any creative one-off miracle in their purview is probably a Marvel.
                      I never actually read Scion 1st edition because I am an egyptophile and the art they had offended me so much that I put the book down and lost interest. So I didn't know that was a issue. The rational you gave makes a lot of sense. I was just curious so thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post

I never actually read Scion 1st edition because I am an egyptophile and the art they had offended me so much that I put the book down and lost interest. So I didn't know that was a issue. The rational you gave makes a lot of sense. I was just curious so thank you.

No problem!

Comment

Working...
                        X