No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the companion and bestiary getting print runs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post

There aren't any hard requirements for Chosen, other than your Patron took a liking to you. A virginal goddess may very well look for chastity in her Chosen; but if there are other qualities that the Chosen displays that she approves of, she might overlook the fact that he or she is sexually active. It also depends on how highly she values chastity: Hestia likely wouldn't have much of a problem with a housewife who is faithful to her husband; Artemis wouldn't care about the sexual escapades of an Amazon warrior; Athena is more interested in students who pursue wisdom and justice and is only likely to care about their sexual activities or lack thereof to the extent that they're wise or foolish — just to mention three examples from the Theoi.
      Another question, I need to figure out how pre-visitation scions work. Like the chosen of hestia, pre visitation.like, I'm working on my paths for some of them, and I'm making my own via the idea. I'll figure something out

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimangel53 View Post

Another question, I need to figure out how pre-visitation scions work. Like the chosen of hestia, pre visitation.like, I'm working on my paths for some of them, and I'm making my own via the idea. I'll figure something out
        None of these are Questions.

But a Chosen of anybody would probably show signs of being Special in their life. It's entirely possible that they were learning all their lives from the future Patron, who was slowly educating them and preparing them for their future as a Champion. So ask yourself why Hestia would pay attention to your character.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Are the Kitsune knacks and being a part of the Dodekatheon the only ways for your character to completely change how the look down to their sex? I know Visage does monstrous or the like but im looking for something like In Sheeps clothing but actual changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dante View Post
            Are the Kitsune knacks and being a part of the Dodekatheon the only ways for your character to completely change how the look down to their sex? I know Visage does monstrous or the like but im looking for something like In Sheeps clothing but actual changes.
            Theoi, not Dodekatheon. Only the 12 Olympians are the Dodekatheon.

Health and Moon Marvels would definitely be able to change sexual morphology. There are a few others you could probably justify as well.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              Health and Moon Marvels would definitely be able to change sexual morphology. There are a few others you could probably justify as well.
              Probably on Demigod level you can do with Moon and on God on Health, but it’s too far from a heroic power.
              Tricksters could do illusions for this kind of changing, but it’s not a complete transformation on Heroic level, Loki definitely can do it as a complete change as he is the mother of Odin’s 8 legged horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Probably on Demigod level you can do with Moon and on God on Health, but it’s too far from a heroic power.
                Tricksters could do illusions for this kind of changing, but it’s not a complete transformation on Heroic level, Loki definitely can do it as a complete change as he is the mother of Odin’s 8 legged horse.
                Are you kidding? Changing sexual morphology is barely worth a Knack if that’s all you’re doing - note the Kitsune one contains a lot more shapeshifting options than just that. You are VASTLY underestimating the power of Purviews at the Hero level.

Comment

• You should be able to replicate basically any effect you read in the Hero and Origins books with an appropriate marvel.
                  What constitute an appropriate marvel will then depend on the motifs you have access to.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter anf a 1 year old son.

Comment

• The point is not the power of the deed, but the motif of it.

Moon works with the appearance, illusions and cyclic changes, health works on the ways of health and sickness. Sex change is not a cyclic neither a mere appearance, and it’s not about being health or not.

A Demigod can create a deeper illusion of changing, building a temporary body change (Moon), and a god can reestablish want is health and what is not (health).

Otherwise a shapeshifting could change into another person as he can change to any other creature form, and usually it’s not the point of it.

A Kitsune, as far as I understand, never stop being a Fox, it just cover itself on a illusion of any other form, different from Beast Boy that assume a complete new form of another creature. A kitsune can pretend to be another sex, but can not get pregnant (or impregnate if it’s originally female).

Comment

• Illusion falls under the Deception Purview. Moon affects perception and appearance by revealing (or obscuring) truths, not weaving falsehoods.

Comment

Otherwise a shapeshifting could change into another person as he can change to any other creature form, and usually it’s not the point of it.

A Kitsune, as far as I understand, never stop being a Fox, it just cover itself on a illusion of any other form, different from Beast Boy that assume a complete new form of another creature. A kitsune can pretend to be another sex, but can not get pregnant (or impregnate if it’s originally female).
                        Hero level Kitsune can turn into nearly anything. And for Kitsune its a full Shapeshift.The book explicitly states forms and not illusions or disguises. Its one form at Origin and Infinite at Hero. Which makes sense, since in their legends they have been known to have children when shapeshifted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dante View Post

Hero level Kitsune can turn into nearly anything. And for Kitsune its a full Shapeshift.The book explicitly states forms and not illusions or disguises. Its one form at Origin and Infinite at Hero. Which makes sense, since in their legends they have been known to have children when shapeshifted.
                          Ok, I guess I didn’t get to the end of Hero yet, and I read about kids born from kitsune, but it doesn’t mean they are fully transformed. I have always believed Kitsune were illusionists, capable of build solid illusions, but still only illusionists. In this case, they have the hero level of Metamorphosis, not big deal, but still their motif is a mix of Illusion and shapeshifting.

Other Heroes can have powers, even powers far superior, but changing shape to became another sex is a very specific talent that is not that popular...

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                            Illusion falls under the Deception Purview. Moon affects perception and appearance by revealing (or obscuring) truths, not weaving falsehoods.

Indeed, Moon is more about seeng thru illusions and have no illusion power. Traditionally Moon is related to the female, the periods (and monthly madness in some cases), the cycles and all the giving birth, renewing, etc, so it would allow to change shape into a woman, but at same time it’s not about being woman, but the power of the women, so I guess Moon would not be the case for changing sex.

Deception get the position I was handing to Moon in this case, a Hero level deception would allow some ftricks, but not a physical change, maybe a Demigod level boom.

Comment

Other Heroes can have powers, even powers far superior, but changing shape to became another sex is a very specific talent that is not that popular...
                              There is no reason why you can't imitate the Metamorphosis Boon to transform yourself or another with the appropriate Purview and Motif.

Which Purviews are Appropriate? Justify it. Health (changing one's physiology)? Sure. Moon (for the nature of shifting and changing)? Sure. Some kind of Water Marvel to something something "The body is mostly water"? Rad.

What Motifs apply? Basically any. Use the Shen Motif to alter the balance of the target's Yin and Yang, oh hey your body has changed sex. Drop a rhyme about being true to yourself and hey, the Tuatha Motif applies. Speak to the portions of their soul using your understanding of Heku for the Netjer.

There is literally nothing in the book that backs up what you're suggesting.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Not only that but you say "traditionnaly moon is ..." in a game that present more than 10 different tradition in as many cultures. Nevermind expanding outside the pantheons presented in the core. Id expect that what the Netjer have to say on the moon is far different from the theoi (for example).

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter anf a 1 year old son.

Comment

Working...
                                X