No announcement yet.

Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone point to where Defense for Birthright Creatures is defined in Hero? Followers have it equal to half the Follower rank, which seems a bit low for a creature. I had assumed that it is a static value, as for Antagonists, but maybe it's rolled each round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairlyhyperman View Post
      Can anyone point to where Defense for Birthright Creatures is defined in Hero? Followers have it equal to half the Follower rank, which seems a bit low for a creature. I had assumed that it is a static value, as for Antagonists, but maybe it's rolled each round.
      There's no official rule, so I've been going with the "Half the rank, rounded up" from Followers. And I've been using them as static.

Remember, the Defense can be boosted with Flairs and Qualities.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Edit: Also, at Hero Level I can cure any mortal disease and give someone cancer of the everything,
        I can see my friends doing that in game to an annoying NPC.

Player: I give Bob cancer.

DM: What kind?

Player: Yes. All of the cancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dante View Post

I can see my friends doing that in game to an annoying NPC.

Player: I give Bob cancer.

DM: What kind?

Player: Yes. All of the cancer.
          If Bob is trivial then your player can do it for free.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

None of these are Questions.

But a Chosen of anybody would probably show signs of being Special in their life. It's entirely possible that they were learning all their lives from the future Patron, who was slowly educating them and preparing them for their future as a Champion. So ask yourself why Hestia would pay attention to your character.
            Fair enough. I didn't word my post or use the correct syntax. My bad. And tha k you fir the insight. I'll figure it out I think. Maybe an Incarnation of Hestia was the person who inspired her to do what she does. Maybe shes still her mentor. Maybe in her creation of that safe space, and in building her legend, Hestia's incarnation (actually just hestia) reaches back out and that's where the visitation may happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimangel53 View Post

Fair enough. I didn't word my post or use the correct syntax. My bad. And tha k you fir the insight. I'll figure it out I think. Maybe an Incarnation of Hestia was the person who inspired her to do what she does. Maybe shes still her mentor. Maybe in her creation of that safe space, and in building her legend, Hestia's incarnation (actually just hestia) reaches back out and that's where the visitation may happen?
              Yeah, definitely an option. Just have someone who's been offering advice to the character all their life, and then in one moment, the Incarnation lays it out.

"All this time... I've been watching you. Helping you become the person I thought you could be. Someone kind, dedicated, caring, someone who will protect this World and the people in it. I knew you, and I taught you. And now, I Choose you. Take these Relics, my Champion."

Comment

Yeah, definitely an option. Just have someone who's been offering advice to the character all their life, and then in one moment, the Incarnation lays it out.

"All this time... I've been watching you. Helping you become the person I thought you could be. Someone kind, dedicated, caring, someone who will protect this World and the people in it. I knew you, and I taught you. And now, I Choose you. Take these Relics, my Champion."
                I like it! maybe thats how i'll build out that character's story

Comment

• Bear in mind that there are other ways, too. The future Scion may live his life right up until the Visitation never once encountering Hestia until the fateful meeting: “I like you; be my champion.” Of course, this depends on the temperament of the God: Hestia is likely to vet her Chosen; Loki is more likely to Choose on a whim.

Comment

• I would say that "on a whim" is unlikely. Investing someone with the power of a Hero is enough effort and work that it's not done quite so lightly, even by whimsical gods.

Comment

• Fair enough; I was exaggerating for effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post
                        I would say that "on a whim" is unlikely. Investing someone with the power of a Hero is enough effort and work that it's not done quite so lightly, even by whimsical gods.
                        Yeah. The actual only qualification for Choosing a Scion is that they're mythologically resonant in some manner, by nature or by deed. "This is someone who walks on my path." It can be on a whim, it just can't be to anyone on a whim.

Neall Raemonn Price
                        Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Hey Neal, are we going to see the text for the companion when it’s ready or will we have to wait for the complete book art and all? One of my players is of Persian descent and really wants to play a scion of the Yazata!

Comment

• Do you know who wrote the “iGjallar” bit in the Relics section of Scion: Hero? Would you give them a big thumbs-up from me for making me grin for like five minutes straight?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              Do you know who wrote the “iGjallar” bit in the Relics section of Scion: Hero? Would you give them a big thumbs-up from me for making me grin for like five minutes straight?
                              Also thank whoever wrote it up for 1e's Companion, since that's where it originally appeared.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

Yeah. The actual only qualification for Choosing a Scion is that they're mythologically resonant in some manner, by nature or by deed. "This is someone who walks on my path." It can be on a whim, it just can't be to anyone on a whim.
                                Thanks Neall! This really helps, along with everyone else's ideas too! Clarity helps! Wooooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X