Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZipDrive View Post
    How does this interact with the Traitor fatebinding where you fill the tension pool?
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

Neall Raemonn Price
    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Is "Knowing the Way" capitalized as a game term, or an in fiction term - as in is it something they would discover narratively or something they would spend points on? Regardless that's a sweet idea and something I'd like to explore.
      "Know the Way" is a Boon specific to the Atua PSP.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• I'm sorry, I should have been more clear (I thought the quote would quote the original post's quote too):
        The book says that when you resolve the Traitor fatebinding "Fill the Tension pool to its maximum value, reveal the actual Fatebinding, and replace the apparent Fatebinding with the actual one." If the tension pool has no cap, what is the intended effect to the tension pool?

And thank you very much for taking the time to answer these questions, I appreciate it.
        Last edited by ZipDrive; 01-07-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear (I thought the quote would quote the original post's quote too):
          The book says that when you resolve the Traitor fatebinding "Fill the Tension pool to its maximum value, reveal the actual Fatebinding, and replace the apparent Fatebinding with the actual one." If the tension pool has no cap, what is the intended effect to the tension pool?

And thank you very much for taking the time to answer these questions, I appreciate it.
          I'd place the value at 10 or 12.

A Traitor is bad news.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

"Know the Way" is a Boon specific to the Atua PSP.
            Of course it is. :P

I know, I know, could be a joke, but that EXACTLY the kind of gag you'd dare the writer to put into the official product

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Maybe that's a thing to be answered in Scion: God, but... Gods have Incarnations. That applies to Scions that became Gods? It can render some cases of you finding another Incarnation of... Yourself. And then coming to: "I am you. Just... Not you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayashi View Post
                Maybe that's a thing to be answered in Scion: God, but... Gods have Incarnations. That applies to Scions that became Gods? It can render some cases of you finding another Incarnation of... Yourself. And then coming to: "I am you. Just... Not you."
                Last I heard, Incarnating will be something that the God book covers.

I once heard one of the devs say something like "Idea we're considering: Playing out a Visitation from the other side"

Which is something I didn't know I wanted until now.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• I've poked around the website, but haven't found an answer. Are there plans to include the Palas/ Buddhist pantheon in one of the official Scion releases? If not, I'm toying with the idea of doing it as a fan project. I'm a practicing Buddhist and would like to learn more about Buddhist mythology anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muskrat View Post
                    I've poked around the website, but haven't found an answer. Are there plans to include the Palas/ Buddhist pantheon in one of the official Scion releases? If not, I'm toying with the idea of doing it as a fan project. I'm a practicing Buddhist and would like to learn more about Buddhist mythology anyway.
                    Not Neall, but everything I've heard suggest the status is "It'd Be Cool-"

That is, nothing confirmed but they'd be interested if they can find the resources for it. I think the Palas in particular will focus more on Tibetan Buddhism than Buddhism as a whole, which should be neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muskrat View Post
                      I've poked around the website, but haven't found an answer. Are there plans to include the Palas/ Buddhist pantheon in one of the official Scion releases? If not, I'm toying with the idea of doing it as a fan project. I'm a practicing Buddhist and would like to learn more about Buddhist mythology anyway.
                      Yes, there are plans.

Neall Raemonn Price

Comment

• Late to this thread but hey.

1) Might major non-deity figures like Oberon, Mother Goose, and Merlin. Get write ups? As the last two are assumed in some scholarly circles to be euphimised gods and the first is worshiped as a god by some Wiccans, it makes sense.

2) Some forms of ritual magic practiced historically and in the present day were focused on the idea that the magician had an inner spark of divinity and could become a god. At least one of these magicians, Apollonius of Tyana, was worshiped as a god. Will this be an option?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                          Yes, there are plans.
                          Cool. I look forward to seeing them.

Comment

Working...
                          X