Ask Neall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Neal, the Dev Team, or Anyone in the know:
    this might be a silly question but one I feel I need to ask since it wasn't mentioned in Titanomachy. When playing a Scion of a Titan, do you get the pantheon purview for the associated purview or 2 of your parents purviews?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimangel53 View Post
      Question for Neall:

Whatever happened to the Scion of Known Abilities Kickstarter rewards outside of the books and PDFs?
      I'm asking because I received the books, and was just thinking about the character sheet reward as well.

Hope everything is going well!
      On no! Send a message to Rich on the Kickstarter page ("Contact Me") - that's the surest way to get this rectified immediately.

Neall Raemonn Price
      Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Hey Neall looking at both titanomachy, and demigod we have seen that gods can have titanic callings. Will there be a a resource or list to let us know which gods from the core book might have titanic callings?

Comment

• I'm so sorry, I know this has been answered somewhere but I can't find if;
          What are the Teotl Pantheon path skills? My copies of Origin and Hero still contradict one another (Athletics Culture vs Culture Empathy).

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• The Scion: Hero entry is probably the correct one (Culture & Empathy). The general rule of thumb in the Errata pdf is to use the Hero entry for the gods instead of the Origin Appendix (for Callings and Purviews at least). Plus, the pre-made Teotl has Culture & Empathy but no Athletics. I admit that the pre-made characters are bit wonky in places though.

Comment

• To chime in and expand on what VentrueStereotype has said: Will there be a more comprehensive list of Calling changes for the Gods in Origin, Hero and the Companion to bring them up to date with the Titan Callings in Titanomachy? I know that there will be a sidebar in Demigod, but that only scratches the surface. In the same vein: will the Titans in those book get a rule overhaul? As far as I know, the errata was supposed to be a living document. I think many people would really appreciate it.
              Last edited by BlackLotos; 09-10-2020, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Question for Neall. Since Dragon and Mythos will be released after Demigod, will their own book have rules for Demigod play or will it just have references for the players to adapt it?

Comment

• Aside from thematic reasons and point cost, is there an actual difference from Automatic and Brutal? To me, they have the same effect, albeit worded differently (and Automatic being a mechanically worst choice, since it costs more and has drawbacks)

Comment

• Only Automatic weapons may use the "Emptying the Clip" Stunt. The Stunt "adds a +1 Enhancement bonus in addition to the Automatic Tag's usual benefits". So, you're basically paying an extra point in weapon tags over Brutal to gain access to that Stunt.

Edit: That said, while the end result of the Brutal and Automatic tags are similar (when not using Emptying the Clip), Brutal's method is slightly stronger since it doesn't count toward the recommended cap on Enhancement bonuses.
                    Last edited by Jaerys; 09-27-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Question for Neall or any one of the Dev's: For Divinity Dice, it says that when they are used in Defense rolls, they automatically gain 9-again. Is this the case with all other rolls involving Divinity Dice as well, or are they just meant to be a limiting mechanic (outside of Flooding the Pool).

Comment

• Sorry if this has been answered and I just missed it in the previous pages, but, I have a player interested in starting with a Titan Calling, but would it be possible to see an example of a corresponding Titan knack? I believe this info is slated for release in a later book?

Comment

• Did the player say which titanic calling interest them?
                          Also the titanic calling are in the titanomachy book which should be available on dtrpg i think.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

• The Titan Callings are in Titanomachy, which is available on Drivethru

Comment

• Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                              Did the player say which titanic calling interest them?
                              Also the titanic calling are in the titanomachy book which should be available on dtrpg i think.
                              Yes I'm aware the Titan Callings are there, but unless I missed them the Knacks for the corresponding Callings are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by spacenerd5792 View Post
                                Yes I'm aware the Titan Callings are there, but unless I missed them the Knacks for the corresponding Callings are not.
                                They're in the Titanomachy book. The Knacks

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Working...
                                X